Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Canceling Season Ticket

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Exactly, so I don’t buy this depriving someone on the waiting list of a ticket. Like I said there has been plenty of opportunities to buy one. I get some on that waiting list will have had a ST in the past and for reasons beyond their control had to give it up and now find themselves in the queue. The club have warned me that if I give it up, I will find it impossible to get one in the future. I feel no guilt for the vast majority that have suddenly appeared( again youngsters excluded as they would be new supporters) 8,000 I believe. And to think at the start of last season you could get one.

Dont get me wrong it's not a knock, just my opinion
Of course not every season ticket holder will or can attend every game, maybe not want to. You seem to want the advantages of being a season ticket holder but money back on the games you cant attend. That isnt really fair is it? I guess a better ticket exchange might help, I dunno the answer except perhaps a season ticket with 2 or 3 different members you could share. Other than that, which wont happen, then surely a bronze membership would suit your requirements?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I’ve had the same seat at the Amex since it opened and had a ST at Withdean before that.

A couple of years ago, I was re-located to the North East and I’ve kept my ST. I probably make it down to a third of matches but I’ve got no intention of giving it up and see no reason why I should be forced to.

Well said. I’m 50/50 at the moment. I don’t know how much match day tickets in the North stand are but at the moment it’s less hassle as the ticket exchange has been opened on the games I have not managed to get to and when I can go I have the same seat. My work means sometimes it’s last minute whether I can go or not

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
How long have we had a huge waiting list, let me think [emoji848] Oh yes since we got promoted. Where we all these fans when Sami was taking us towards league 1. Where we they all when we played Palace in the cup. Do you think it will be long list if we go down. As far as I’m concerned apart from a small minority who have had to give up STs for personal or financial up until the last year I haven’t seen a desperate queue for STs. I would add. Why would it be an admin nightmare. The club gets to sell my seat twice, that would seem like a win win for the club

We're not going down.

But as a non-season ticket holder, through choice so I'm not on the list either, I think season-ticket holders get a huge amount of benefits already so I have little sympathy with demands for even more benefits. STH holders get heavily-discounted match tickets, first priority on away tickets (no non-sth holder has been able to get an away ticket this season for a league game through normal means) AND get to see the Albion week-in week-out. They get these priorities because they put guaranteed money into the club and guarantee an occupied seat week-in week-out and I have absolutely no problem with this. But as soon as they also want to pick and choose their games and get money back for games they don't attend, I lose all sympathy with that point of view. If that's how you want to support the Albion, then get a bronze membership, pay £50 a game like the rest of us and go to the back of the queue for away tickets.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Dont get me wrong it's not a knock, just my opinion
Of course not every season ticket holder will or can attend every game, maybe not want to. You seem to want the advantages of being a season ticket holder but money back on the games you cant attend. That isnt really fair is it? I guess a better ticket exchange might help, I dunno the answer except perhaps a season ticket with 2 or 3 different members you could share. Other than that, which wont happen, then surely a bronze membership would suit your requirements?

If I wanted to be a STH and have the advantages of getting money back for the games I can’t attend. The ticket exchange would not solve my problems. I get a £25 voucher for games I can not attend.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
If I wanted to be a STH and have the advantages of getting money back for the games I can’t attend. The ticket exchange would not solve my problems. I get a £25 voucher for games I can not attend.

Well gone are the days of POTG, you want your cake and to eat it mate. Its supply and demand, another analogy, like booking a seat at a restaurant and not showing up

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
We're not going down.

But as a non-season ticket holder, through choice so I'm not on the list either, I think season-ticket holders get a huge amount of benefits already so I have little sympathy with demands for even more benefits. STH holders get heavily-discounted match tickets, first priority on away tickets (no non-sth holder has been able to get an away ticket this season for a league game through normal means) AND get to see the Albion week-in week-out. They get these priorities because they put guaranteed money into the club and guarantee an occupied seat week-in week-out and I have absolutely no problem with this. But as soon as they also want to pick and choose their games and get money back for games they don't attend, I lose all sympathy with that point of view. If that's how you want to support the Albion, then get a bronze membership, pay £50 a game like the rest of us and go to the back of the queue for away tickets.

Why do you think the ticket exchange exists? It exists because the club want to make money on STHs not being able to make matches. So the club have done very well out of my seat this season. They have my money and then they resale my seat when I can not make it. I think both the club and I have a good arrangement. They even give me a£25 voucher every time they sell my seat. I somehow think if you pay £50 for a match day ticket I’m better off keeping my ST, especially as you seem to think we will still be in the premier league.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well said. I’m 50/50 at the moment. I don’t know how much match day tickets in the North stand are but at the moment it’s less hassle as the ticket exchange has been opened on the games I have not managed to get to and when I can go I have the same seat. My work means sometimes it’s last minute whether I can go or not

Typical NS prices for an adult this season:

Liverpool £40
Watford, Bournemouth £30.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Why do you think the ticket exchange exists? It exists because the club want to make money on STHs not being able to make matches. So the club have done very well out of my seat this season. They have my money and then they resale my seat when I can not make it. I think both the club and I have a good arrangement. They even give me a£25 voucher every time they sell my seat. I somehow think if you pay £50 for a match day ticket I’m better off keeping my ST, especially as you seem to think we will still be in the premier league.

If you think its a good arrangement then great. What we're you moaning about earlier?

I'd be delighted to have a discounted seat that I could get my money back for the 15 or so games that I can't get to every season, I'm sure there are many thousands like me. Not the real world though is it.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We're not going down.

Newcastle and Stoke.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Come on Steve. I really doubt the club makes much if indeed anything off the ticket exchange

What you are asking for is basically STH prices but on a game by game basis so you keep your preferred seat, it's cuckoo logic mate when there is a queue of people waiting

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Come on Steve. I really doubt the club makes much if indeed anything off the ticket exchange

What you are asking for is basically STH prices but on a game by game basis so you keep your preferred seat, it's cuckoo logic mate when there is a queue of people waiting

Steve was there when we were ****.
Where were the ‘queue of people waiting ?’ Watching Chelsea on Sky ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here