Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m not after a crafty deal. I’m a long standing STH who in the past made all games. My work schedule now means for the time being I can not always make games. The club agree with me and have put a ticket exchange in place, you reward loyalty with loyalty. You have helped me decide to keep my ST. I don’t fancy giving it up for someone who decided because we are in the premier league they want a ST
    Glad you are keeping your season ticket. The club has a difficult task distributing them. And just because someone wants to be an STH in the prem doesnt make them a bad fan or person hey. Each to their own. Having had a ST or not gone to Gillingham doesnt not always necessarily mean a a bad thing, heck they could have that season ticket for the next 30 years, or not. Onwards and upwards

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members
      So far down Shoreham Beach, I am virtually back in Brighton!

0 Not allowed!
      There were about 100 non restricted seats left this morning. This is the first of a 2 day window where existing STH can buy one extra ticket. After all the Bronze members have had their fill.

If you wanted tickets together you are basically in E1H.

Even if you can still get the big games without Bronze, Bronze will give you so much more choice.

I’m talking about Arsenal at home
      Don't take offence. I'm normally ruder than this.
      Objective but passionate

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      Lets all book tickets for gigs and festivals and ask Ticketmaster for a refund because work got in the way. Seriously?
      That's unfair. He doesn't want a full refund of his festival ticket.

He wants to pick a few bands from the line up, to watch, and get a refund on the rest...
      Stand or Fall
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      Glad you are keeping your season ticket. The club has a difficult task distributing them. And just because someone wants to be an STH in the prem doesnt make them a bad fan or person hey. Each to their own. Having had a ST or not gone to Gillingham doesnt not always necessarily mean a a bad thing, heck they could have that season ticket for the next 30 years, or not. Onwards and upwards
      I would think a fan who had a season ticket in the Championship/League 1/League 2 would be a rather better long term bet for the club than someone who has just decided they are interested now we are in the Premier League.
      Objective but passionate

0 Not allowed!
      Just as an aside, are these £25 club shop vouchers that they issue, in any way personal to the relevant STH?

I'm happy to make a (derisory) offer for a couple, if they're not
      Stand or Fall
      Members
      So far down Shoreham Beach, I am virtually back in Brighton!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
      Just as an aside, are these £25 club shop vouchers that they issue, in any way personal to the relevant STH?

I'm happy to make a (derisory) offer for a couple, if they're not
      And was born the CSV exchange........
      Don't take offence. I'm normally ruder than this.
      Objective but passionate

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kingcole View Post
      And was born the CSV exchange........
      Stand or Fall

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Neville's Breakfast View Post
      I would think a fan who had a season ticket in the Championship/League 1/League 2 would be a rather better long term bet for the club than someone who has just decided they are interested now we are in the Premier League.
      Circumstances change and lifelong fans and long term bets for fans come from all over. When you get the bug, you get the bug. Newer Premier League or recent Champ ST holders just might be able to afford it now, they might have a young family and now want to / are able to go to the football at weekends again, they might introduce their young children who then perhaps become lifelong fans to the club, they might have moved back to the area after living elsewhere, they might want to take their Dad to the football after seasons away because of health, or personal reasons. No reason to suggest any of those *new* fans might not want to continue supporting the club however things turn out this season or in the future.
      Watching Izquierdo in the last 2 weeks might persuade you to be a Brighton fan. And that might last for life.
      Plenty of Withdean, Gillingham and Goldstone veterans likewise can't, won't or no longer want to be Amex regulars. Fair enough. Football takes up a lot of time and £££ and lives change.
      Hard to pinpoint loyalty or commitment purely based on the year you first coughed up for a ST.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
      That's unfair. He doesn't want a full refund of his festival ticket.

He wants to pick a few bands from the line up, to watch, and get a refund on the rest...
      Better still, I want to be able to do what a lot of people who buy festival/concert tickets do. Stick them on sites like ticket master for triple the price I paid for them.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      Circumstances change and lifelong fans and long term bets for fans come from all over. When you get the bug, you get the bug. Newer Premier League or recent Champ ST holders just might be able to afford it now, they might have a young family and now want to / are able to go to the football at weekends again, they might introduce their young children who then perhaps become lifelong fans to the club, they might have moved back to the area after living elsewhere, they might want to take their Dad to the football after seasons away because of health, or personal reasons. No reason to suggest any of those *new* fans might not want to continue supporting the club however things turn out this season or in the future.
      Watching Izquierdo in the last 2 weeks might persuade you to be a Brighton fan. And that might last for life.
      Plenty of Withdean, Gillingham and Goldstone veterans likewise can't, won't or no longer want to be Amex regulars. Fair enough. Football takes up a lot of time and £££ and lives change.
      Hard to pinpoint loyalty or commitment purely based on the year you first coughed up for a ST.
      Do you really believe that all of a sudden 8,000 peopleís circumstances have changed? Laughable, I can accept that a percentage of that 8,000 are new fans/circumstances changed. The club have not had a waiting list for a number of years and you always get a percentage that give up their ST and then the percentage who come back or new fans which is who you are talk about and in previous seasons thatís not been a huge impact as I suspect itís evens out. So to suddenly have an 8,000 waiting list would point to the fact we are in the premier league. Lets see if that waiting list is as big if we go back down to the championship