Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Members

2 Not allowed!
    The ref should have given another just for shits and giggle, to see jese and his team mates going full postal at each other.
    Dislike list

Temporary - East, Dyche, Barton, Boro
    Permanent - Dean, Challis, Moreton, Pardew, Bellotti, Stanley, Archer

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I think the whole penalty debacle can probably be summed up best as a comedy of errors, apart from Ryan's save of course which was magnificent - that last split second adjustment of the hand, incredible. But no Gary & Co, let's not talk about that amazing save, or that Barcelon-esque first goal, let's debate stroppy players, shit penalties and whether Lewis is a naughty but lucky boy or not (we all know he is of course).

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Still should've been a retake for encroachment anyway. But we deserved a bit of luck on that performance.
      I noticed that too, but to be honest I’d guess 90% of pens have encroachment!
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, that’s it. We have done it.

Inigo Calderon
      May 2016

0 Not allowed!
      Still should've been a retake for encroachment anyway. But we deserved a bit of luck on that performance.
      Yes, I'm pretty sure that's technically correct, though I don't think that rule is applied very rigorously.

What also occurred to me, after seeing Dunk's wonder tackle from behind, is this. I know the players have to stand outside the penalty area when the kick is taken, but is there anything in the rules which says they can't stand next to the goal, but behind the goal line (roughly where the ball ended up)? - they would be in a much better position then to counter any follow-up.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      Yes, I'm pretty sure that's technically correct, though I don't think that rule is applied very rigorously.

What also occurred to me, after seeing Dunk's wonder tackle from behind, is this. I know the players have to stand outside the penalty area when the kick is taken, but is there anything in the rules which says they can't stand next to the goal, but behind the goal line (roughly where the ball ended up)? - they would be in a much better position then to counter any follow-up.
      The players other than the kicker and goalkeeper must be:
      at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the penalty mark
      behind the penalty mark
      inside the field of play
      outside the penalty area
      After the players have taken positions in accordance with this Law, the referee signals for the penalty kick to be taken.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      The players other than the kicker and goalkeeper must be:
      at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the penalty mark
      behind the penalty mark
      inside the field of play
      outside the penalty area
      After the players have taken positions in accordance with this Law, the referee signals for the penalty kick to be taken.
      Oh well, just a thought! Thanks for clearing it up.

0 Not allowed!
      It isn't, because *usually* the penalty is scored, so it doesn't really matter.

However, in this instance, Dunk stopped a certain goal being scored on the rebound. No WAY would he have got there in time to do that, had he not encroached before the pen was struck. A rule is a rule, and had that gone against us up the other end, I'd have gone apeshit. You've got 2 officials standing there who are supposed to be watching out for that, and both failed (thankfully). Its not even in open play. Easy decision. Absolutely piss-poor officiating. Their rank incompetence saved us (albeit it shouldn't have been a pen in the first place).
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      The 'goal' shouldn't be allowed if it's the attacking team encroaching, shirley. I'm pretty sure there were Stoke bodies in the box on Saturday, as well as Brighton.

0 Not allowed!
      The 'goal' shouldn't be allowed if it's the attacking team encroaching, shirley. I'm pretty sure there were Stoke bodies in the box on Saturday, as well as Brighton.
      There were indeed. And if an encroacher had stuck away the rebound, then no goal. But as an encroaching defender stopped a goal being scored, I think thats grounds for a retake.

Anyway, they ballsed it up. Thats the main thing
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Members

0 Not allowed!

However, in this instance, Dunk stopped a certain goal being scored on the rebound. No WAY would he have got there in time to do that, had he not encroached before the pen was struck. A rule is a rule, and had that gone against us up the other end, I'd have gone apeshit. You've got 2 officials standing there who are supposed to be watching out for that, and both failed (thankfully). Its not even in open play. Easy decision. Absolutely piss-poor officiating. Their rank incompetence saved us (albeit it shouldn't have been a pen in the first place).
      HAD that happened at the other end I would I hope I wouldnt have my blue and white tinted specs on and been more pissed off with players fighting over the taker of the kick and then thought oh well it shouldnt have been given in the first place. They werent entitled to one shot never mind more