Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We dont chant Chris Hughton's name enough

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
......................... according to Garth Crooks:

"What I don't understand is why they don't chant Chris Hughton's name during their games more. I really don't get it. If fans don't chant the manager's name every now and then, how do you think he feels?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43027007

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think he knows we love him.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It must be very difficult to hear if you only go to one game per season and your name is Garth Crooks. But maybe somebody should tell him that "Chrissy Hughton's blue and white army" contains the name of Chrissy Hughton and is sung at every(?) Brighton and Hove Albion match.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cos we're all shite scare of the raging psychopath.

Those lovable roguish East End types didn't spend their Saturday afternoons singing:-

'One Reggie Kray, there's only one Reggie Kray'

for a very good reason, the same principle applies.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I continue to love Garth, his final summary re Mat Ryan using words like devoid, petulance, heroism and portrayed all in one sentence... my hero.

Rock on Garth.

I will chant Chris Hughton more at games.
I will chant Chris Hughton more at games...
etc.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
This is some of what he said ... without having to click on the link:
Brighton now look odds-on to stay up. However, I hope they don't just become perennial survivors. It's a great place to go and watch a football match. On the odd occasion I do go, I notice their fans are capable of creating a great atmosphere. What I don't understand is why they don't chant Chris Hughton's name during their games more. I really don't get it. If fans don't chant the manager's name every now and then, how do you think he feels?

And Ryan and Izquierdo in his team of the week. Not bad.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Isn't it because his tactics are too negative and we're all bored with watching his teams! After all, he's just keeping the manager's seat warm until we get Pardew in, so why would we bother singing about him??

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I always thought that GC was a pompous arse. Good summary with some positive comments about our players and performances.
He’s still a pompous arse.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Early leaver for his free half time bevvy otherwise he would have heard the 5 minutes of chanting. It's a long walk from the bench to the exit and CH punched 4 stewards, swore at a copper, pushed a wheelchair on to the pitch and kicked a little kid who asked for his jacket, all the time clapping the away fans who were singing his name.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It must be very difficult to hear if you only go to one game per season and your name is Garth Crooks. But maybe somebody should tell him that "Chrissy Hughton's blue and white army" contains the name of Chrissy Hughton and is sung at every(?) Brighton and Hove Albion match.

It seems a strange criticism of Brighton fans, when, as you say, it's chanted at every match.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Have often thought he needed a song, something quite simple along the lines of Mark McGhee and his pints of whiskey. Maybe the fa cup match on Saturday could be the start of something new. Having said that I don’t think he’s that bothered and is happy being the quiet calm manager that we all worship.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Although 'Chrissy Hughton' is a bit shite.

As Corgi suggests something bespoke, that rhymes, and has Chris' actual name would probably be sung considerably more.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I must say, when I first read it, I was wondering if he was hinting at some kind of racist undertone. Completely misplaced if so Garth.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
A song for the man, to the well known tune of Daydream Believer.........

Sit down Chrissie Hughton
You're gonna drive us mad
With your pitch side celebrations
The best we ever had........

repeat ad nauseam

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here