South East North Lancing
Hughton said on the radio, that that was Knockaert’s role at corners

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought Stevens usually went on the line or Isqiuerdo?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We usually have players back getting in the way of defenders, leading to goals against (Stephens vs. Chelsea, Izzy vs. Southampton, for example) but this time Knocky was in the way - of a shot heading for the top corner. Well done Knocky!

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
We usually have players back getting in the way of defenders, leading to goals against (Stephens vs. Chelsea, Izzy vs. Southampton, for example) but this time Knocky was in the way - of a shot heading for the top corner. Well done Knocky!

Indeed, could prove to be massive in relation to staying up, as it's likely to be so tight. 3 point Stoke swing against avoided by about 6 inches !!

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
F1EF8D30-CB4E-4B35-90DD-2B3A15AC0E04.jpeg

A couple of inches can make all the difference :)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
That's a headline I thought I'd never read. " Knocky wins a header from a corner."

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Whatever, grand job he did. Overshadowed completely by Ryans save and Dunks tackle.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think that goal line technology since its introduction as well as correctly determining whether a goal has been scored or not, has had a positive effect on players. Other than the Stoke player who thought he had scored, no Stoke player moved towards the linesman or referee demanding that a goal had been scored, just the acceptance that the ball was not fully over the line.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
It's a brilliant clearance mind. Reads the game, comes quickly off the post to the middle of the goal and clears it well before the whole ball crosses the line. Great play.

el punal

Whatever, grand job he did. Overshadowed completely by Ryans save and Dunks tackle.

I'm not so sure. That was a holy trinity of saves that each in their own right deserved praise. One thing's for certain, it made a creditable draw feel like a last minute victory. I was buzzing for hours after that passage of play. You never know, that sequence of events could possibly dictate the outcome at the end of the season.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Insane goalline clearance, but I was a little confused as to why he was standing where he was, but thank god he was. My friend pointed out seconds before that he was directly behind Ryan and he needed to be tighter to the post. I think his words were what the ****s he doing. That opinion quickly changed!

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Murray on goals on sunday said we had changed the way we defend corners. Not as tight man to man plus somebody on the line.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here