Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamie Murphy runs with the ball from the half way line to score for Rangers

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
While we can all laugh at the poor quality of football on display, it should be noted that there is barely a pair of gloves or long shirt between the two teams. And they're playing in Scotland in the snow. That's proper old school and deserving of respect.

As an aside I hope Murphy does really well up there, wins some trophies and gets in the Scotland team.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am surprised it took so long for you to come in on this thread but I must say he took his goal well

He is gone BG - I was sad but we all have to accept that our favourite players might move elsewhere.

Squad is evolving and gradually almost everyone's favourite player will play somewhere else because if that happens then you know for sure that the squad is progressing like we all hope it might in the next 2 or 3 years.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would agree provided they are replaced with what I consider to be better. I wonder what the reaction would be if Dunk, Stephens or Gross went for big money in the summer.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
While we can all laugh at the poor quality of football on display, it should be noted that there is barely a pair of gloves or long shirt between the two teams. And they're playing in Scotland in the snow. That's proper old school and deserving of respect.

As an aside I hope Murphy does really well up there, wins some trophies and gets in the Scotland team.

That part for sure as it was one of his motivations for wanting to move. He was unfairly overlooked by Gordon Strachan in the past. Took him to a squad of 2 friendlies and never even gave the lad a minute of football.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I would agree provided they are replaced with what I consider to be better. I wonder what the reaction would be if Dunk, Stephens or Gross went for big money in the summer.

Personally, I'd prefer them to be replaced with player's Chris Hughton and the recruitment team consider to be better.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Who knows but then it would be up to the club to find good replacements with that money if the scenario arose

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It is to be Permanent in the summer. I think there is something in place where they are only club who can buy him otherwise he comes back to Brighton.

Standard of football aside, have you heard from him Noo?

Is he enjoying playing for his boyhood club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Personally, I'd prefer them to be replaced with player's Chris Hughton and the recruitment team consider to be better.

We were talking of favourites not necessarily the team strengths. which may not be the same. Bruno is a strong favourite but no longer the best in his position.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I watched a top flight Scottish game on TV the other day. I couldn't believe the standard. It was proper League 2 drivel.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is gone BG - I was sad but we all have to accept that our favourite players might move elsewhere.

Squad is evolving and gradually almost everyone's favourite player will play somewhere else because if that happens then you know for sure that the squad is progressing like we all hope it might in the next 2 or 3 years.

Hence my post.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Standard of football aside, have you heard from him Noo?

Is he enjoying playing for his boyhood club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I haven't been up in Scotland since he moved but he is playing for Rangers and his family all live close to Rangers training ground so I am sure he will be enjoying it

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Scottish football is dire but JM is playing for the club he supports and I hope he does really well. He's good enough to tear that league a new one.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
They probably would be a bit confused with the 'will it snow thread' on here. In Scotland it snows in the height of summer.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we do as well as we all hope, in any of the coming years, then some of our best players will go, that's inevitable.

That said, I don't like the general attitude on here that 'Dunk will be gone in the summer' etc. Teams like Palace have been able to keep players like Haha for a while, we don't have to sell our best players immediately.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Booooooooooooooooo

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we do as well as we all hope, in any of the coming years, then some of our best players will go, that's inevitable.

That said, I don't like the general attitude on here that 'Dunk will be gone in the summer' etc. Teams like Palace have been able to keep players like Haha for a while, we don't have to sell our best players immediately.

But look what happens to palace when Zahahahaha isn't available.
Yet the Albion shipping out a centre half for mega money just means the next one plays and nobody notices the difference.

We're properly screwed if Locadia were to make an instant impression.
Cashing in on him would result in another 3 seasons of pensioners, the infirmed and disinterested, before the next gem turns up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here