Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] North Stand rammed for Coventry

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looking forward to it. I've only ever done North Stand once before but that was in the league cup in the match where Calderon got sent off for someone breaking their leg hacking him down. Will be nice to bump into a few faces from Withdean that I don't see now because we usually sit in different stands.

I love it. For several seasons I sat WSU and have sampled other stands. The NS still gives a great view, but with a lively atmosphere.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is that right, Coventry had a crowd of over 28000 at the Ricoh Saturday?

A fiver in and kids for free as a special "Community Day"
They will have lost money but hopefully begin to rebuild their following.
They've been given permission to stay at the Ricoh for another season but after that it's all in the air again as to where they play.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Coventry still have a reasonably old school, vocal following but have been f***ed over by owners who'd make the people eliminated in the first round of The Apprentice look competent. Don't take the piss, they're us not so long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Coventry still have a reasonably old school, vocal following but have been f***ed over by owners who'd make the people eliminated in the first round of The Apprentice look competent. Don't take the piss, they're us not so long ago.

[emoji106][emoji106]

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
[emoji38]ol: you're not wrong. Could be an interesting afternoon

Maybe those from the WSU can provide crash course lessons on singing in unison to some of the NS faithful?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I once sat in the North Stand, to watch the England ladies beat Moldova (or someone) 11-0 (or something). Hostile, intimidating atmosphere, I'll never do it again.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I reckon this might be a brilliant atmosphere. Palace in the cup was one of the best in the North all season.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I once sat in the North Stand, to watch the England ladies beat Moldova (or someone) 11-0 (or something). Hostile, intimidating atmosphere, I'll never do it again.

Montenegro and it was 9-0 IIRC

Don't get how the atmosphere was hostile and intimidating...it was like a family festival day out with the vuvuzela/trumpet noises. Completely different to Brighton matches

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here