Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Where you at this concert?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm no fan and came to the conclusion that most of their stuff is a pretentious load of crap. Apparently The Dome concert was their first ever live performance of 'Dark side of the moon'. I never saw them live again. I saw Gilmour when he played at The Brighton Centre about 18 months ago. Some of the recent material was unmitigated rubbish. "fat old sun' and 'Comfortably numb' were worth the admission price alone. I wish they'd done Alan's psychedelic breakfast'.................

I agree re Gilmore on his own. Amazing guitar player and singer but the solo stuff is all very twee and the lyrics wriiten (mostly), by his wife I think, are ordinary to say the least. Up until Wish You Were Here they were my favourite band by some distance. Once Roger Waters “took over” and from the Wall onwards I lost interest.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
I'm no fan and came to the conclusion that most of their stuff is a pretentious load of crap. Apparently The Dome concert was their first ever live performance of 'Dark side of the moon'. I never saw them live again. I saw Gilmour when he played at The Brighton Centre about 18 months ago. Some of the recent material was unmitigated rubbish. "fat old sun' and 'Comfortably numb' were worth the admission price alone. I wish they'd done Alan's psychedelic breakfast'.................

I saw Pink Floyd at the Big Apple on 11/12/70 - the Atom Heart Mother tour. They played Alan’s psychedelic breakfast, but had a problem getting the Primus stove going to fry the eggs

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes, I was there. Really there and not one of the 10000 who later claimed to be.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I was at the Dome.
Also saw them at Bath Festival, Crystal Palace Bowl (sorry) Knebworth,Hockenheim and Earls Court.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We hadn't moved down here yet, but did you attend this concert at the Dome in 1972?

View attachment 94091

There is a rumour about that someone has found old recordings of bands at the Dome and us trying to get the permission to release them.

Trouble is a lot of them include artists who are no longer with us.

Earliest one I remember is Supertramp back in the middle seventies.

The Immersion edition of The Dark Side of the Moon includes live versions of The Travel Sequence, The Mortality Sequence and Any Colour You Like from the Dome, albeit the June 1972 dates, rather than the January 1972 from the poster.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I saw Pink Floyd at the Top Rank ballroom,bottom of West Street . This was mid to late 60's, when they played chart hits like 'Arnold Lane' . Strange night, there was a beauty contest compered by Alan Weeks.......
I was never a massive Floyd fan though. I always liked music that was a bit more gutsy and down to earth.

PaoloAlbioni

May 6, 2016
Last month saw the 50th anniversary of Pink Floyd playing Lewes Town Hall (in order to raise money for the floodlights at the Dripping Pan, home of Lewes FC). Some enthusiasts put together a show at the Town Hall on the anniversary, using the original light show projector and oil wheels, with pics of the band, interviews with people who attended and even the support band (Granny's Intentions).
The entire concert is still available at http://www.radiolewes.org.uk/ (scroll down towards the bottom of the page) - happy listening!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Anyone lucky enough to go to this?

3c6ec84a138a3e210f7c705158a0da9e.jpg

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Hi Andy. The ones I listed were all at the Dome. I saw Genesis there twice. Never seen Gabriel as a solo.

Or Glitter....I mean, come on!

Yes, Genesis definitely at the Dome. Gabriel fronting and opened with “Watcher of the skies”.

As for your Glitter comment, for completeness I think you should instead have said “come on come on, come on come on, come on come on come on”?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I definitely saw Peter Gabriel at The Dome in, I'm guessing, '75

Yes I remember that.

Then saw him at the Brighton centre ...place went dark....people pushing through the crowd with bright hand held spotlights....was pushed in the back and pushed him back...it was Gabriel..lol. Wierd concert though. Think it was solisbury hill tour

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I saw them at Earls Court, in 80/81ish, the first Wall concerts, unlike any concerts I have been to before or since.
They built a 35-40 foot wall across the stage, during the show, then pulled it down for the finale, crashing Stukas, 25foot high puppets, absolutely mad.

The music was a bit special though.

Missed the original shows but went to Roger Waters most recent concerts of The Wall at the O2 (10 years ago now). No doubt not as good as the originals but as a spectacle, the best 'show' I have ever seen. Although David Byrne's American Utopia shows gave them a run for their money.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
A tad too early for me. I was at Supertramp though (Dome). And genesis (70p), family, skynyrd, procul harem, groundhogs, trower, wishbone ash, doctors of madness, hall and oats....still have all the ticket stubs :rock:

I saw six of those at The Dome in these 70s and the Pink Floyd gig mentioned by the OP if it's the Dark Side debut when it all went wrong.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I saw PF at a free concert in Hyde Park when they officially released Atom Heart Mother - and I've still got it on Vinyl.

Strangely while sitting in a crowd of over 100k people, a mate from college randomly walked past and sat with us for the rest of the day.

PF were supported by most of the acts on the Harvest Label; Edgar Broughton, Incredible String Band (who actually didn't turn up), Roy Ayers ....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here