Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Binney on acid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm no fan and came to the conclusion that most of their stuff is a pretentious load of crap. Apparently The Dome concert was their first ever live performance of 'Dark side of the moon'. I never saw them live again. I saw Gilmour when he played at The Brighton Centre about 18 months ago. Some of the recent material was unmitigated rubbish. "fat old sun' and 'Comfortably numb' were worth the admission price alone. I wish they'd done Alan's psychedelic breakfast'.................
    I agree re Gilmore on his own. Amazing guitar player and singer but the solo stuff is all very twee and the lyrics wriiten (mostly), by his wife I think, are ordinary to say the least. Up until Wish You Were Here they were my favourite band by some distance. Once Roger Waters “took over” and from the Wall onwards I lost interest.
    Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

• North Stand Chat

advertising

The oldest known computer

0 Not allowed!
      I'm no fan and came to the conclusion that most of their stuff is a pretentious load of crap. Apparently The Dome concert was their first ever live performance of 'Dark side of the moon'. I never saw them live again. I saw Gilmour when he played at The Brighton Centre about 18 months ago. Some of the recent material was unmitigated rubbish. "fat old sun' and 'Comfortably numb' were worth the admission price alone. I wish they'd done Alan's psychedelic breakfast'.................
      I saw Pink Floyd at the Big Apple on 11/12/70 - the Atom Heart Mother tour. They played Alan’s psychedelic breakfast, but had a problem getting the Primus stove going to fry the eggs

0 Not allowed!
      Yes, I was there. Really there and not one of the 10000 who later claimed to be.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.

0 Not allowed!
      I saw Supertramp at The Richmond. Don't know what it's called now.
      The Richmond..
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      I was at the Dome.
      Also saw them at Bath Festival, Crystal Palace Bowl (sorry) Knebworth,Hockenheim and Earls Court.
      My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger.

My definition of a sad git is any Palarse fan who has posted more than 100 times on NSC.

0 Not allowed!
      I wasn't there, but was there for Lindisfarne supported byGenesis 70'ish, no ticket stub
      I haven't always followed the stripes. ||||

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      We hadn't moved down here yet, but did you attend this concert at the Dome in 1972?

Attachment 94091

There is a rumour about that someone has found old recordings of bands at the Dome and us trying to get the permission to release them.

Trouble is a lot of them include artists who are no longer with us.

Earliest one I remember is Supertramp back in the middle seventies.
      The Immersion edition of The Dark Side of the Moon includes live versions of The Travel Sequence, The Mortality Sequence and Any Colour You Like from the Dome, albeit the June 1972 dates, rather than the January 1972 from the poster.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Yeah, but I bet you weren't at 'Lebanon Hanover' and 'She Past Away' at the Garage a few months ago, though :

Or were you

Ooooh...no lol
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado

0 Not allowed!
      I saw Pink Floyd at the Top Rank ballroom,bottom of West Street . This was mid to late 60's, when they played chart hits like 'Arnold Lane' . Strange night, there was a beauty contest compered by Alan Weeks.......
      I was never a massive Floyd fan though. I always liked music that was a bit more gutsy and down to earth.