Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A tad too early for me. I was at Supertramp though (Dome). And genesis (70p), family, skynyrd, procul harem, groundhogs, trower, wishbone ash, doctors of madness, hall and oats....still have all the ticket stubs

I am sure now You are me!
    " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
    The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      A tad too early for me. I was at Supertramp though (Dome). And genesis (70p), family, skynyrd, procul harem, groundhogs, trower, wishbone ash, doctors of madness, hall and oats....still have all the ticket stubs
      Genesis was @ Brighton Centre? Peter Gabriel @ Hove town hall a few weeks later.....then Gary Glitter and the Glitter band at Hove town hall,,,,,,,,,gulp!!!
      K55 BHA

0 Not allowed!
      The Brighton show was the first attempt at a public performance of The Dark Side of the Moon - albeit the equipment packed up as Money was starting so they had to scrap the rest of it. To make up for it, they came back for a pair of shows in June 72.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      I saw them at the Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury just after the release of Saucerful of Secrets and a short while after Syd Barrett was sacked. My first concert and enough dope being smoked to stone the audience. It was a real eye opener to this 16 year old. There was a light show of sorts but very basic and the only prop I remember seeing was a massive Gong (in J Arthur Rank style)

Sorry wallowing in Nosatlgia there, no I wasn’t at the Dome. Was this around the time of Dark Side of the Moon?
      I'm no fan and came to the conclusion that most of their stuff is a pretentious load of crap. Apparently The Dome concert was their first ever live performance of 'Dark side of the moon'. I never saw them live again. I saw Gilmour when he played at The Brighton Centre about 18 months ago. Some of the recent material was unmitigated rubbish. "fat old sun' and 'Comfortably numb' were worth the admission price alone. I wish they'd done Alan's psychedelic breakfast'.................
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      I saw Supertramp at The Richmond. Don't know what it's called now, but it's opposite The King and Queen. Must have been 1971. I think there were more people on stage than there were in the audience.

0 Not allowed!
      Pretty much being conceived just then.
      Albion and Rhinos forever.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Yeah, but I bet you weren't at 'Lebanon Hanover' and 'She Past Away' at the Garage a few months ago, though :

Or were you
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by swindonseagull View Post
      Genesis was @ Brighton Centre? Peter Gabriel @ Hove town hall a few weeks later.....then Gary Glitter and the Glitter band at Hove town hall,,,,,,,,,gulp!!!
      Hi Andy. The ones I listed were all at the Dome. I saw Genesis there twice. Never seen Gabriel as a solo.

Or Glitter....I mean, come on!

3 Not allowed!
      did you see them afterwards? I only saw them at Earl's Court in the Pulse Tour. I wish I would have seen them without all the light show ad just them in the raw.
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      I saw them at the Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury just after the release of Saucerful of Secrets and a short while after Syd Barrett was sacked. My first concert and enough dope being smoked to stone the audience. It was a real eye opener to this 16 year old. There was a light show of sorts but very basic and the only prop I remember seeing was a massive Gong (in J Arthur Rank style).
      I think I can trump that. I saw them about 69-70 in Liverpool, at the Students' Union. This was in the days when the event were still notionally a dance, and one or two local bands would be hired to open the show before the big act came on.
      Well the local bands came on and played, then there was a long pause - and the crowd was getting restless! Then Roger Waters appeared on the stage and apologised that the transport conveying all their gear had broken down on the M6, and there was no chance of getting their gear there tonight. But.....he went on to say, we've had a word with the two bands that were playing earlier, and they've agreed to let us use their gear - we're just sorting out the best bits of it now.
      So - eventually - the Floyd took to the stage with a bog standard drum kit (not miked up), a Marshall (or similar) 100W amp and a 4X4 speaker for each of the other three, and two 4X4 columns for the PA - no mixing desk or anything fancy!
      They then more or less ripped through the first two albums. Brilliantly!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Binney on acid View Post
      I'm no fan and came to the conclusion that most of their stuff is a pretentious load of crap. Apparently The Dome concert was their first ever live performance of 'Dark side of the moon'. I never saw them live again. I saw Gilmour when he played at The Brighton Centre about 18 months ago. Some of the recent material was unmitigated rubbish. "fat old sun' and 'Comfortably numb' were worth the admission price alone. I wish they'd done Alan's psychedelic breakfast'.................
      I sort of agree. I really like Obscured by Clouds, and quite like other earlier stuff, but I much prefer (of that era and genre) the Canterbury sound (Hatfields, Caravan, Soft Machine, Matching Mole). They were less pompous. I still see Caravan's roadie around town (Maurice?), but they have never been the same since Richard the drummr died (R.I.P.). He ran a pub in town. Cheers, you (obviously) old *******