Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Members

Where you at this concert?

0 Not allowed!
    We hadn't moved down here yet, but did you attend this concert at the Dome in 1972?

Name:  IMG_0183.JPG
Views: 840
Size:  138.8 KB

There is a rumour about that someone has found old recordings of bands at the Dome and us trying to get the permission to release them.

Trouble is a lot of them include artists who are no longer with us.

Earliest one I remember is Supertramp back in the middle seventies.
    " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
    The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Yes. I was at The Dome.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Binney on acid View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yes. I was at The Dome.
      did you see them afterwards? I only saw them at Earl's Court in the Pulse Tour. I wish I would have seen them without all the light show ad just them in the raw.

The older I get, the more I have stepped away from the light shows etc, and gone to gigs where it is just the artist and a backing band...no gimmicks, just them.
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      If NMH still posted on here I think he could tell you all about it
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      did you see them afterwards? I only saw them at Earl's Court in the Pulse Tour. I wish I would have seen them without all the light show ad just them in the raw.

The older I get, the more I have stepped away from the light shows etc, and gone to gigs where it is just the artist and a backing band...no gimmicks, just them.
      I saw them at the Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury just after the release of Saucerful of Secrets and a short while after Syd Barrett was sacked. My first concert and enough dope being smoked to stone the audience. It was a real eye opener to this 16 year old. There was a light show of sorts but very basic and the only prop I remember seeing was a massive Gong (in J Arthur Rank style)

Sorry wallowing in Nosatlgia there, no I wasn’t at the Dome. Was this around the time of Dark Side of the Moon?
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

0 Not allowed!
      I was there (unless they also toured in 1971?). Was this the gig when Gilmore slammed his guitar down and stormed off after 15 mins of noisy feedback? After the roadies sorted it they returned to stage and played a great concert.
      Surrounded by <div>s Grombleton's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      Was this around the time of Dark Side of the Moon?
      Would have been after Meddle. They went into the studio to record DSOTM a few months after that tour ended. Released it in '73.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      We hadn't moved down here yet, but did you attend this concert at the Dome in 1972?

Name:  IMG_0183.JPG
Views: 840
Size:  138.8 KB

There is a rumour about that someone has found old recordings of bands at the Dome and us trying to get the permission to release them.

Trouble is a lot of them include artists who are no longer with us.

Earliest one I remember is Supertramp back in the middle seventies.
      A tad too early for me. I was at Supertramp though (Dome). And genesis (70p), family, skynyrd, procul harem, groundhogs, trower, wishbone ash, doctors of madness, hall and oats....still have all the ticket stubs
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      I saw them at the Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury just after the release of Saucerful of Secrets and a short while after Syd Barrett was sacked. My first concert and enough dope being smoked to stone the audience. It was a real eye opener to this 16 year old. There was a light show of sorts but very basic and the only prop I remember seeing was a massive Gong (in J Arthur Rank style)

Sorry wallowing in Nosatlgia there, no I wasn’t at the Dome. Was this around the time of Dark Side of the Moon?
      Dark side of the moon' was written in 1973. Atom Heart Mother 1970, Meddle 1971. When I saw Floyd at the Dome they were playing the latter 2 albums so I'm guessing it was either the 1972 tour (as this thread) or maybe 1971?
      Glory hunting since 1969 lawros left foot's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I saw them at Earls Court, in 80/81ish, the first Wall concerts, unlike any concerts I have been to before or since.
      They built a 35-40 foot wall across the stage, during the show, then pulled it down for the finale, crashing Stukas, 25foot high puppets, absolutely mad.

The music was a bit special though.
      You be glad you be Sussex born!