Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Survival Points Total

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well at least we know that only 2 of West Brom, Palace, Swansea and Stoke can win on the last day.

So get at least 2 points clear of that lot, and 4 ahead of someone else before the last day - and happy days.

Hard to imagine West Brom won't be dead and well and truly buried by then. They've won 3 games out of 26 and they need 2 more and a draw to get safe if no one picks up another point.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Hard to imagine West Brom won't be dead and well and truly buried by then. They've won 3 games out of 26 and they need 2 more and a draw to get safe if no one picks up another point.

Yep, pretty sure we have found our first casualty of the year. Mind you, they'll prob sack pardew then win the next 6 games.......... Why can't teams below us just lose every week. Be far easier on the nerves. What's wrong with these teams

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
OMG, with a slightly negative approach on our bigger games I have us losing out to Stains on GD. In reality I think we'll be fine with two games to play!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
As said previously I did a calculation of the bottom teams average for last 12 games on last season. It meant 38 points will be needed to stay up or 37 with the best goal difference. That was before this weekend, so...

We must win our home games against Swansea, Huddersfield, Leicester, and a point from somewhere else (arsenal home)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did the predictor and ended up with West Brom very marooned.
Southampton & Swansea also going down, saving Stoke on 35 points.

From then on Huddersfield have 40 points while the Albion are 13th on 41 points, so that's all clearly bullploppies.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
38 to survive

beat Shuddersfield, Swansea and Palace, draw with Arse, Everton and Leicester

a point at home to Manure . . . .lose 3-0 away at Liverpool but party like we won the champions league cos we're safe.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'd like to over-estimate and say aim for 39:

H Swansea - 3
H Arsenal - 1
A Everton - 1
A Man City - 0
H Leicester - 1
H Huddersfield - 3
A Palace - 1
H Tottenham - 0
A Burnley - 1
H Man Utd - 0
A Liverpool - 0

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I urge you to give the predictor a go, takes about 15 mins. Be honest about it and give the lowly teams the benefit of a win here or there. I was surprised that 36 points had us 13th

We take only 7 more points - but still survive on 35. 17th place - ahead of only Stoke, Southampton and West Brom. On the final day we lose at Liverpool and Stoke get a point at Swansea. What it does illustrate right now is how much the final minute madness at Stoke turned out on our favour - that is for now.........

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Amazing. Did the predictor and going into last game, we're 17th and 3 points clear of West Brom who have a better goal difference so losing at Liverpool would mean relying on Palace getting a result against West Brom. *shudders*

Swansea and Stoke the other 2 relegated for me

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Amazing. Did the predictor and going into last game, we're 17th and 3 points clear of West Brom who have a better goal difference so losing at Liverpool would mean relying on Palace getting a result against West Brom. *shudders*

Swansea and Stoke the other 2 relegated for me

I had us 10th on 38 points with 5 to play!!! :lolol:

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Did the predictor and had us staying up on 35 points. Huddersfield, Southampton and West Brom going down, and five points separating 13th and 20th.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
On the predictor I had us finishing 15th on 37 points. Going down: Stoke (31) Southampton (28) West Brom (24)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
On the predictor I had us finishing 15th on 37 points. Going down: Stoke (31) Southampton (28) West Brom (24)

Bloodyhell, that is pretty hard marking, Stoke are going to get 6 points from 11 games, Southampton 2, and West Brom 4!

Southampton are just 1 point below 1ppg to this point, but are going to be P11 W0 D2 L9...harsh. But hopefully true. :lolol:

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Bloodyhell, that is pretty hard marking, Stoke are going to get 6 points from 11 games, Southampton 2, and West Brom 4!

Southampton are just 1 point below 1ppg to this point, but are going to be P11 W0 D2 L9...harsh. But hopefully true. :lolol:

i was a bit surprised by how it came out and it just goes to show the depth of my football knowledge (irony alert). Mind you I wouldn't be surprised if they are the three who go down

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Since the Premier league has had 20 teams, if you finish the season on 36 points, you have more than a 50% chance of staying up. If you finish on 35 points you have less than 50% chance on staying up
Is that a joke? If not, how did you work that out?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
If we can average one point per game..38 ,that will almost certainly keep us up........Worryingly Swansea have got eleven points over there last five games beating Burnley, Arsenal and Liverpool in the process

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here