Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Carlos Carvalhal

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What a job this fella is doing, annoyingly.

Can't help but warm to him either - this is both endearing and funny: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/42997388

Interesting contrast to Chris Hughton, also. I'm sure we have had two out and out strikers on the pitch at the same time in league games, but I'm struggling to recall when...

"Swansea manager Carlos Carvalhal says his game-changing substitutions in the Premier League win over Burnley were "putting all the meat in the barbecue".

Saturday's match seemed set to end goalless before Carvalhal sent on forwards Andre Ayew and Tammy Abraham.

Ki Sung-yueng's late winner lifted Swansea to 15th in the table, two points clear of the relegation zone.

Carvalhal, renowned for his colourful analogies, said: "We put all the meat on the fire to try to win."

The Portuguese added: "We put in Andre Ayew, Tammy Abraham, we had three attackers in the middle."​

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Can't help but warm to him either - this is both endearing and funny: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/42997388

Interesting contrast to Chris Hughton, also. I'm sure have had two out and out strikers on the pitch in league games, but I'm struggling to recall when...

"Swansea manager Carlos Carvalhal says his game-changing substitutions in the Premier League win over Burnley were "putting all the meat in the barbecue".

Saturday's match seemed set to end goalless before Carvalhal sent on forwards Andre Ayew and Tammy Abraham.

Ki Sung-yueng's late winner lifted Swansea to 15th in the table, two points clear of the relegation zone.

Carvalhal, renowned for his colourful analogies, said: "We put all the meat on the fire to try to win."

The Portuguese added: "We put in Andre Ayew, Tammy Abraham, we had three attackers in the middle."​

He is, but hopefully we can burst their bubble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
S.hit manager and he’ll be found out sooner or later. Might be next season now though because he’s achieved the ‘bounce’ effect.
Gone by October next season IF they manage to stay up.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He is, but hopefully we can burst their bubble.

I know the old adage is that 'you make you're own luck', but boy have they had their fair share of theirs since he took over. If we can take our confidence and form into this game, you'd have to fancy us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully the lack of evidence that Swansea are World Beaters away from home ( woeful in the away game at Notts County, 1-1 draw at Leicester) will be proved correct.

Last edited:

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath

Interesting contrast to Chris Hughton, also. I'm sure have had two out and out strikers on the pitch in league games, but I'm struggling to recall when...

Their players look like they are really enjoying their football under him. I didn't see that when he was at Sheffield Wednesday but he in definately putting something in the tea at Swansea.

Let's hope they have an off day next week.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Their players look like they are really enjoying their football under him. I didn't see that when he was at Sheffield Wednesday but he in definately putting something in the tea at Swansea.

When he was at Sheffield Wednesday I didn't take much notice of him, as I had him filed under "****" solely because of the club he was managing.

Turns out he seems to be quite a likeable sort.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If he threatens to stick his meat in our barbecue, they’ll be trouble.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I'm hoping they have that day off the week after :moo:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
It did seem a very bizarre appointment - especially as he was sacked from Wednesday only a few days before (though, that does seem a tad suspicious now). But he's done really well with Swansea, there's no denying that.

Maybe Wednesday really were awful, but he managed to make them look top half Championship.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Interesting contrast to Chris Hughton, also. I'm sure we have had two out and out strikers on the pitch at the same time in league games, but I'm struggling to recall when...

He's the current media darling....the real test will be when they start losing...and they will at some point

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Difference between him and Hughton is that we’d have been delighted with holding on for a point having got that deep into the game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's the current media darling....the real test will be when they start losing...and they will at some point
That's likely to be next season. Of course they'll lose some this season, but there's barely enough time to go on a losing run long enough to get everyone against you, given the positive start he's had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here