Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What worrying who might be dropped and mentioning the W word...
    Yeah I'm going to have to now reverse the karma and bet on Coventry to win.
    That'll screw them right up.
    “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
    http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
    Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Number one consideration: we want to win this one, a). because winning is a habit, and b). because we want to get as far as possible in the FA Cup. So, strongest team, please; our 'reserves' do look stronger than ever, and I'm not too worried about changing the back five, but ahead of that we want to stay strong and not too much buggering about 'resting' players - Izquierdo doesn't look tired to me, for instance - does he look tired to you? Better to play him every possible minute when he's on fire, whoever the opposition.
      45 minutes each for Stephens and Propper, perhaps, and Ulloa, Locadia and Baldock should all get some game time, and maybe a rest for Gros and Murray.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      Number one consideration: we want to win this one, a). because winning is a habit, and b). because we want to get as far as possible in the FA Cup. So, strongest team, please; our 'reserves' do look stronger than ever, and I'm not too worried about changing the back five, but ahead of that we want to stay strong and not too much buggering about 'resting' players - Izquierdo doesn't look tired to me, for instance - does he look tired to you? Better to play him every possible minute when he's on fire, whoever the opposition.
      45 minutes each for Stephens and Propper, perhaps, and Ulloa, Locadia and Baldock should all get some game time, and maybe a rest for Gros and Murray.
      I'm with you re Izqueirdo and Schelotto for the same reasons, in fact I'd be worried 2 weeks without a game might see their form dip. Ulloa needs a start in my opinion and he has been pushing for it. Would like to see him play as close to 90mins as possible, get his match fitness up. Hopeful we'll see Locadia too, it's a bonus that we could ease him in in a cup game. Its coming as a big positive for us having these cup games.

0 Not allowed!
      We’ll have to play a few of the first team in this one, I wonder if Hughton will stick to the tried and tested 4411 or go for something a little more exotic? My guess:

Krul
      Bruno-Goldson-Hunemeier-Suttner
      Rosenior-Stephens-Kayal-March
      Ulloa-Baldock

Ulloa and Baldock replaced after 75 minutes by Hemed and Locadia, Stephens subbed off at half time for Propper. Solid looking team with enough on the bench to change things if it starts going wrong.
      The height of two men, the weight of four, the strength of sixteen.....

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mackenzie View Post
      We’ll have to play a few of the first team in this one, I wonder if Hughton will stick to the tried and tested 4411 or go for something a little more exotic? My guess:

Krul
      Bruno-Goldson-Hunemeier-Suttner
      Rosenior-Stephens-Kayal-March
      Ulloa-Baldock

Ulloa and Baldock replaced after 75 minutes by Hemed and Locadia, Stephens subbed off at half time for Propper. Solid looking team with enough on the bench to change things if it starts going wrong.
      Izquierdo is a must, in place of either Rosenior or March.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      Izquierdo is a must, in place of either Rosenior or March.
      He’s our most threatening player at the moment, my selection was based on protecting him for a season defining game at Swansea.
      The height of two men, the weight of four, the strength of sixteen.....

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mackenzie View Post
      He’s our most threatening player at the moment, my selection was based on protecting him for a season defining game at Swansea.
      He's on fire, has just found his form, and two weeks in which to go stale and lose his momentum is just what he doesn't need right now. Anyway, he looks capable of taking care of himself!
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Should have enough to beat Coventry without Izquierdo, Groß, Dunk, Duffy and Murray so I'd keep these players off the pitch to avoid injury or yellow cards.

I'd do the same with Jurgen and Leo but they need minutes on the pitch ( just not 90, eh?)

Would like to see Bjordal and Gyokeres feature as well.
      Out of contract June 2018 : Maenpaa, Krul, Rosenior , Hunemeier , Sidwell , Ince

0 Not allowed!
      Error.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Don't p*ss about, strong team get the job done. There is no way we want a replay or a loss
      Brexit is like trying to remove the egg from an omelette. Updated Spring 2018