Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for coventry

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What worrying who might be dropped and mentioning the W word...:lolol:

Yeah I'm going to have to now reverse the karma and bet on Coventry to win.
That'll screw them right up.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Number one consideration: we want to win this one, a). because winning is a habit, and b). because we want to get as far as possible in the FA Cup. So, strongest team, please; our 'reserves' do look stronger than ever, and I'm not too worried about changing the back five, but ahead of that we want to stay strong and not too much buggering about 'resting' players - Izquierdo doesn't look tired to me, for instance - does he look tired to you? Better to play him every possible minute when he's on fire, whoever the opposition.
45 minutes each for Stephens and Propper, perhaps, and Ulloa, Locadia and Baldock should all get some game time, and maybe a rest for Gros and Murray.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Number one consideration: we want to win this one, a). because winning is a habit, and b). because we want to get as far as possible in the FA Cup. So, strongest team, please; our 'reserves' do look stronger than ever, and I'm not too worried about changing the back five, but ahead of that we want to stay strong and not too much buggering about 'resting' players - Izquierdo doesn't look tired to me, for instance - does he look tired to you? Better to play him every possible minute when he's on fire, whoever the opposition.
45 minutes each for Stephens and Propper, perhaps, and Ulloa, Locadia and Baldock should all get some game time, and maybe a rest for Gros and Murray.

I'm with you re Izqueirdo and Schelotto for the same reasons, in fact I'd be worried 2 weeks without a game might see their form dip. Ulloa needs a start in my opinion and he has been pushing for it. Would like to see him play as close to 90mins as possible, get his match fitness up. Hopeful we'll see Locadia too, it's a bonus that we could ease him in in a cup game. Its coming as a big positive for us having these cup games.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We’ll have to play a few of the first team in this one, I wonder if Hughton will stick to the tried and tested 4411 or go for something a little more exotic? My guess:

Krul
Bruno-Goldson-Hunemeier-Suttner
Rosenior-Stephens-Kayal-March
Ulloa-Baldock​

Ulloa and Baldock replaced after 75 minutes by Hemed and Locadia, Stephens subbed off at half time for Propper. Solid looking team with enough on the bench to change things if it starts going wrong.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We’ll have to play a few of the first team in this one, I wonder if Hughton will stick to the tried and tested 4411 or go for something a little more exotic? My guess:

Krul
Bruno-Goldson-Hunemeier-Suttner
Rosenior-Stephens-Kayal-March
Ulloa-Baldock​

Ulloa and Baldock replaced after 75 minutes by Hemed and Locadia, Stephens subbed off at half time for Propper. Solid looking team with enough on the bench to change things if it starts going wrong.
Izquierdo is a must, in place of either Rosenior or March.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Izquierdo is a must, in place of either Rosenior or March.
He’s our most threatening player at the moment, my selection was based on protecting him for a season defining game at Swansea.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He’s our most threatening player at the moment, my selection was based on protecting him for a season defining game at Swansea.

He's on fire, has just found his form, and two weeks in which to go stale and lose his momentum is just what he doesn't need right now. Anyway, he looks capable of taking care of himself!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Should have enough to beat Coventry without Izquierdo, Groß, Dunk, Duffy and Murray so I'd keep these players off the pitch to avoid injury or yellow cards.

I'd do the same with Jurgen and Leo but they need minutes on the pitch ( just not 90, eh?)

Would like to see Bjordal and Gyokeres feature as well.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Don't p*ss about, strong team get the job done. There is no way we want a replay or a loss

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Krul

Bruno
Uwe
Goldson
Suttner

Kayal
Stephens
Knockaert
March

Locadia

Hemed

We have a week off now and after I would not worry about playing Knockaert and Solly both have had rests of late

Hemed to start as Ulloa can’t play

And Locadia needs a good hour at least

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
This. We must not get ahead of ourselves. The league is very very tight and getting tighter by the day.
Locadia needs minutes. How we will he be able to make an impact in the league if he hasn't played? He will also have been in full training for 2 weeks so needs a game. Play Ulloa as well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
LINEUP111518363400060.png

* Not sure if Bruno is still a doubt with the back injury, Rosenior to fill in if so
* Would have liked to rest Stephens but we have minimal midfield depth, unless you're going to chuck a youngster in
* Would probably swap Groß on the bench for another striker option in retrospect, Baldock or Hemed

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He's on fire, has just found his form, and two weeks in which to go stale and lose his momentum is just what he doesn't need right now. Anyway, he looks capable of taking care of himself!
I wouldn't risk it myself, it's Hughton's call though and he'll weigh up all the options, I'll be happy either way though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The club dropped a big hint that Ulloa and Locadia will start on Saturday.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here