Uwe
Suttner

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
March

Ulloa
Locadia

The back 5 is nailed on, I think. After that - we have quite a few options...

I'd expect Kayal to start and then maybe Stephens and Propper to have a half each as they did at Middlesbrough.
Knockaert on the right - not sure about the left.
Front two of Hemed and Ulloa with a view to introducing Locadia and giving him 30 minutes, maybe a full half.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Krul
Bruno Goldson Hunemeier Suttner
Knockaert Kayal Stephens March
Ulloa Locadia

Maenpaa, Rosenior, Dunk, Propper, Groß/Izquierdo, Baldock, Hemed

If Ulloa has been given the go ahead to play, this would be my starting eleven too. As Hemed is pretty much yesterday's man now, I might be tempted to include Murray on the bench, just in case the goals don't materiaiise.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Krul

Schelotto
Hunemeier
Goldson
Suttner

Knockeart
Kayal
Propper
Izqueirdo

Locadia
Ulloa

I'd play Schelotto and Izqueirdo to continue their form, they don't need a rest, they have a week before Swansea, I'd like to see them get stronger. Stephens sub if he needs a rest.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Krul

Schelotto
Hunemeier
Goldson
Suttner

Knockeart
Kayal
Propper
Izqueirdo

Locadia
Ulloa

I'd play Schelotto and Izqueirdo to continue their form, they don't need a rest, they have a week before Swansea, I'd like to see them get stronger. Stephens sub if he needs a rest.

I'd play Bruno he needs a run out or his muscles will start seizing up :moo:

On a serious note...5th round its all getting a tad more serious

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd play Bruno he needs a run out or his muscles will start seizing up :moo:

On a serious note...5th round its all getting a tad more serious

What, our yoga-guru!? He'll be ready to step in regardless. I just worry that 2 weeks without a game for our in-form new players might be too long, I'd keep them going. It's a really exciting fixture, the 5th round of course, but also Ulloa and Locadia could start together, and that makes my knees go a bit wobbly in anticipation.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Krul
Bruno - Goldson - Hunemeier - Suttner
Knockaert - Kayal - Propper - Skalak ( if fit - March if not)
Baldock - Murray

Subs
Maenpaa
Rosenior
Duffy
Molumby
Locadia
Ulloa
March (Izquierdo if Skalak out)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What, our yoga-guru!? He'll be ready to step in regardless. I just worry that 2 weeks without a game for our in-form new players might be too long, I'd keep them going. It's a really exciting fixture, the 5th round of course, but also Ulloa and Locadia could start together, and that makes my knees go a bit wobbly in anticipation.

My first thoughts last night were all about keeping the same side(or thereabouts) as yesterday...as we have a little bit of momentum....but its an ideal opportunity to play Locadia and Leo ...give Kayal game time....the two centre backs etc ...and the side still looks strong.

As a side note the cup is Sidwells only opportunity to play football for Brighton this season (or possibly ever again)..so i hope we go further especially for him

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If there were to be further progression in the FA cup and stability in the league, I do hope CH keeps faith with the 'FA cup squad'.

I'd hate for the likes of Uwe, Rosenior, Hemed et al, to get sidelined just because the pointy end of the cup is in sight and the 'league squad' have pulled off a couple of nice wins.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Division 2 Coventry and likely to get physical and find out whether we are really up for it. Hence I expect a bit of injury concern. I would expect Hemed and Baldock to start with our two new guys on the bench. I would also probably start March ahead of Knocky, who would be an obvious target.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
(Rethink to include Bjordal)

Ryan

Bruno
Goldson
Hunemeier
Rosenior

Bjordal
Kayal
Stephens
Suttner

Hemed
Locadia

Subs : Krul, Schelotto, Dunk, Pröpper, Knockaert, Baldock, Gyokeres.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If there were to be further progression in the FA cup and stability in the league, I do hope CH keeps faith with the 'FA cup squad'.

I'd hate for the likes of Uwe, Rosenior, Hemed et al, to get sidelined just because the pointy end of the cup is in sight and the 'league squad' have pulled off a couple of nice wins.

The selection of the Cup side I'm afraid has to be whatever benefits the first team in the league - no ifs or buts, and I suspect that will be the case.

I've already said I think Izqueirdo and Schelotto both need minutes while in form rather than a 2 week break, although they've both already featured in the cup, so that is 'keeping faith'. You'd have to accept Ulloa getting a run ahead of Hemed, he definitely needs a start, and I'm sure we haven't just broken our transfer record not to use this game to have a first look.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The selection of the Cup side I'm afraid has to be whatever benefits the first team in the league - no ifs or buts, and I suspect that will be the case.

I've already said I think Izqueirdo and Schelotto both need minutes while in form rather than a 2 week break, although they've both already featured in the cup, so that is 'keeping faith'. You'd have to accept Ulloa getting a run ahead of Hemed, he definitely needs a start, and I'm sure we haven't just broken our transfer record not to use this game to have a first look.

Yeah I know, it was very much a heart v head post, one going back to the days of Utd, et al, disrespecting the cup and the fans charging full whack for a reserve team, right up until the quarter-finals, then making wholesale changes.

As said I'd rather see the great professionals like Uwe, going down fighting, than being dropped because Wembley has (surprisingly) appeared on the horizon.

Anyhoo, 1 chicken 2 chickens... I'm getting all a bit ahead of the situation.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Surprised nobody thinks Murray will feature.
He's scored in the last two rounds, would have thought he would want a chance to keep the run going.

We need to keep his knee fresh for Swansea.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Krul
Rosenior Goldson Uwe Suttner
AK Kayal Stephens/Propper (45 mins each) March
Baldock Hemed

No way will we risk injury to Ulloa and Jurgen

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yeah I know, it was very much a heart v head post, one going back to the days of Utd, et al, disrespecting the cup and the fans charging full whack for a reserve team, right up until the quarter-finals, then making wholesale changes.

As said I'd rather see the great professionals like Uwe, going down fighting, than being dropped because Wembley has (surprisingly) appeared on the horizon.

Anyhoo, 1 chicken 2 chickens... I'm getting all a bit ahead of the situation.

What worrying who might be dropped and mentioning the W word...:lolol:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Krul
Rosenior Goldson Uwe Suttner
AK Kayal Stephens/Propper (45 mins each) March
Baldock Hemed

No way will we risk injury to Ulloa and Jurgen

They need minutes on the pitch! I'd be very surprised if these two didn't feature Saturday, fully expect Ulloa to start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here