Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bus replacement service Littlehampton/Worthing <-> Brighton on day of Coventry game

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Mentioned in another thread, but worth its own as people may miss it...

Date:
17 February - 18 February 2018 11:59 PM

Routes affected:
Southern between London Victoria / Brighton and Hove / West Worthing / Littlehampton / Portsmouth Harbour / Southampton Central
Great Western Railway between Brighton and Portsmouth Harbour / Great Malvern / Bristol Temple Meads / Cardiff Central

Engineering work is taking place between Brighton and Angmering, closing all lines.

Buses will replace trains between Brighton and Worthing / Littlehampton.

On Sunday, services between London Victoria and Littlehampton / Portsmouth Harbour will be diverted to start / terminate at London Bridge and will be diverted via Horsham, not calling at stations via Hove.

Great Western Railway services will not run to and from Brighton on Saturday or Sunday. Customers should use alternative services and buses operated by Southern.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sake

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, utter pain really.

Will have to drink more in Brighton to avoid 'rush hour' both ways.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Driving it is then, grrrr

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
For those that like a drink this is bad sad news. Guess it will be taxi Portslade to Brighton.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Has anybody tried these buses? How long do they take from Shoreham? Is is better to take the 700 to Churchill Square?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont understand why they cannot carry out repairs in 1 direction and allow people in Worthing to go via Ford or Barnham if they wished to Gatwick then down I know it takes longer but surely no worse than sitting on the 700 . If somebody chose to go via Ford, assuming they can, would their ST still cover the journey as it is not their choice to use a diversion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am sure when I was younger track maintenance etc used to be done overnight and we didnt get the disruptions that happen now during the day.

Rocket_%28Smiles%29.jpg

In fairness though, there weren't as many of these on the lines back in that day and age

(sorry BG, I'll get off your case now :wink: )

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here