Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bus replacement service Littlehampton/Worthing <-> Brighton on day of Coventry game

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
even I cannot remember those but do remember the Shoreham to Beeding steam train. Just to add certainly not offended.

There is tale of one of the early tank engines bursting a pipe and coming to a permanent halt with a football special from Horsham.

PS: I don't trust buses to turn up. Does the 25 bus keep on stopping? Buses do this. Not as bad as the number 2 that goes all around the houses.

Last edited:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Bus Replacement Service 18/02

Between Littlehampton and Brighton. Great :(

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
p849593310-3.jpg

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
sorry, anyway a serious question - is travel to the Amex using the 700 free with a ticket, it seems to be implied by the club website.

edit: from Worthing.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Mentioned in another thread, but worth its own as people may miss it...

Date:
17 February - 18 February 2018 11:59 PM

Routes affected:
Southern between London Victoria / Brighton and Hove / West Worthing / Littlehampton / Portsmouth Harbour / Southampton Central
Great Western Railway between Brighton and Portsmouth Harbour / Great Malvern / Bristol Temple Meads / Cardiff Central

Engineering work is taking place between Brighton and Angmering, closing all lines.

Buses will replace trains between Brighton and Worthing / Littlehampton.

On Sunday, services between London Victoria and Littlehampton / Portsmouth Harbour will be diverted to start / terminate at London Bridge and will be diverted via Horsham, not calling at stations via Hove.

Great Western Railway services will not run to and from Brighton on Saturday or Sunday. Customers should use alternative services and buses operated by Southern.

I thought all this was going to stop once those nasty Unions were crushed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought all this was going to stop once those nasty Unions were crushed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What have unions got to do with planned engineering works ?

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
If you have to drive from beyond Worthing, the Beach Green car park on the A259 at Lancing is £1.50 all day with the 700 bus stop opposite. Buses every 10 minutes. Alternative free parking Adur Recreation Ground just before the Norfolk Bridge, bus stop over bridge in Shoreham High Street. There are usually free roadside parking spaces between the two with nearby bus stops.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
bugger, only just seen this, changes things quite a bit.
Does anyone know if it's quicker to get the 700 from worthing to brighton, rather than the rail replacement service?

theboybilly

will play it by ear from Brighton, as may be stopping for a couple of beers, but appreciate the info, and will probably end up doing that

Don't leave it too late mind as the traffic will be heavy the nearer you get to the Amex. You can hop off and walk the last bit as you see fit. There will be lots of people getting dropped off somewhere near the ground in cars as there are no trains from the West

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Don't leave it too late mind as the traffic will be heavy the nearer you get to the Amex. You can hop off and walk the last bit as you see fit. There will be lots of people getting dropped off somewhere near the ground in cars as there are no trains from the West

have just cancelled my morning job, to give me some extra time, are there no trains from bton to falmer tho? (sorry, being lazy here)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here