Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We have our three

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I think the prediction on who may go down is as good as any.

However the question of the worst three teams is not quite the same as who will actually be relegated. From what I’ve seen (and it’s not every game), the worst three teams are West Brom, West Ham and Newcastle (plus Palace at the start of the season).

At the same time, the least likely teams to get points against the best teams are us followed Huddersfield. However Huddersfield are strong at home (See the early win against Man Utd) abd play many of the bottom half teams at home in their run-in

In my opinion we are going down unless we get at least a win against Huddersfiekd abs a draw against Swansea PLUS another two wins, one of which will have to be a surprise....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully West Brom lose to Chelsea tonight, setting up a must-win-6-pointer in the last chance saloon for them at home to Huddersfield in the next game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we can't beat Huddersfield and Swansea at Home ... then we don't deserve to stay up.
Well so far that applies to all these teams then:

Leicester
Watford
Newcastle
Spurs
Palace
Southampton
Burnley

So they all deserve to go down.

and a injury ravaged Palace
We're not playing Palace for 2 months. Zaha is due to be back in a few weeks, I don't suppose they'll be missing many crucial players come game time.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well so far that applies to all these teams then:

Leicester
Watford
Newcastle
Spurs
Palace
Southampton
Burnley

So they all deserve to go down.

We're not playing Palace for 2 months. Zaha is due to be back in a few weeks, I don't suppose they'll be missing many crucial players come game time.

Which just goes to show what a daft statement that is

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Which just goes to show what a daft statement that is
Indeed, we get it every season - like last year, if we can't beat xxx we don't deserve to go up. Promotion and relegation are (obviously) determined over a whole season, not on one game.

The odds will be well against us winning both those home games anyway.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think that the reality is that there is little difference between the teams in the struggle. We just need to take advantage of our new striking options.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This hits it on the nail. It's purely about what we do from here on in. Forget all the points we have dropped and what other teams do, we have to win some games, and that will often mean scoring the second goal before we sit back and await the inevitable equaliser. Our performances have shown that we're at least as good as teams like Burnley, and probably better on our day, so it's just a matter of scoring the goals to prove it.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Indeed, we get it every season - like last year, if we can't beat xxx we don't deserve to go up. Promotion and relegation are (obviously) determined over a whole season, not on one game.

The odds will be well against us winning both those home games anyway.

It was more of a generic statement about how you have to beat the teams around you if you want to stay up. Well done for the research to make your point but the fact remains that if we beat the teams around us in the games we have left we are likely to be ok. If we don't then over the course of the season we haven't been good enough and therefore we don't deserve to stay up.

Personally I think if we beat Swansea at home we will pick up enough points in our remaining games to survive. Whilst I wouldn't go anywhere near saying we are doomed if we don't beat Swansea I think the confidence and pressure that a victory would give us going into a tough March could spur us on to some unexpected points to help the survival bid.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was more of a generic statement about how you have to beat the teams around you if you want to stay up.
What you said was quite different to that. Check the odds, we probably won't beat Swansea, let alone win all 3 games you suggested.
Well done for the research to make your point
but the fact remains that if we beat the teams around us in the games we have left we are likely to be ok. If we don't then over the course of the season we haven't been good enough and therefore we don't deserve to stay up.
If we win all the remaining games against the (3) teams around us, of course we will stay up. Over the course of the season you don't need to finish mid table, just 17th, so you don't need that many against the teams around you.

Personally I think if we beat Swansea at home we will pick up enough points in our remaining games to survive. Whilst I wouldn't go anywhere near saying we are doomed if we don't beat Swansea I think the confidence and pressure that a victory would give us going into a tough March could spur us on to some unexpected points to help the survival bid.
It does feel like that, Swansea is a massive game. We have a tougher run in than the others though, and we're just 2 points above Southampton, who have a better GD.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think that the final relegation place will be decided in the last game of the season.
Apart from WBA, all the next 7 or so teams could get sucked in and they do not have a lot of points difference between them.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
All season I have been thinking, ‘we need three teams to be worse than us. That is it’.

I am now convinced that these are our three. They’ve actually done alright against us, on the whole, but from what I’ve seen we are better than all of them. Especially with Ulloa, whose signing I think will prove far more telling than Locadia due to his experience.

A 1-1 against Stoke has finally convinced me, we can absolutely do this.

We have our three.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you......

West Bromwich Albion, Stoke City, Huddersfield Town

Too early to say. Any of those 3 could finish above us.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think that the final relegation place will be decided in the last game of the season.
Apart from WBA, all the next 7 or so teams could get sucked in and they do not have a lot of points difference between them.
Because it's Pardew I would like WBA to take one of the three places, however, it is still only mid February and they could boing their way out of it. They do look in deep trouble but so did Palace, then Swansea. We just need to make sure that we aren't one of the teams that loses form (Such as ours is) at the wrong time.

I don't recall a PL season where the fear of relegation has affected and is affecting so many teams.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Too early to say. Any of those 3 could finish above us.

You may well be right . But imho we are better than those three teams. Doesn’t necessarily mean we will finish above them. Not how life works

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Table.png

Squeaky bum time!

Edit: Balls, I copied the wrong table... and I've closed the window!

(We survived.. just!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here