Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We have our three

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Stoke and West Brom most in danger for me. Neither - especially Albion - showing much sign of survival. Give it a couple of weeks without Zaha and Palace could be in the mire too - but it's going to be tight for us. Very. So much hinges on the home games with Swansea and Huddersfield.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Pardew Albion will be six adrift of safety with this 'Udds result + assuming Chelski get the job done, we said the same about Swansea before they beat Arsenal/Liverpool but can we be thinking about them as the first team we'll definitely finish above now?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It's looking more likely we need to pull a win out of the bag against one of the big boys.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Huddersfield have had a good first half against Bournemouth and deserve their 2 goals.

West Brom are in some trouble, but the other 2 places are completely open and would probably remain so until April at the earliest.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Few weeks ago I thought Swansea were dead in the water (no pun), now look at them. I think anything could happen in this seasons relegation battle.

el punal

Having looked at the Stoke fanzine comments after today's game, the utter lack of belief and total dissing of the team and (new) management by the fans is so strong. It can only help to erode confidence of the players and heap the pressure onto Lambert. Keep it coming lads.

Having gone to the game and watched the highlights on Match of the Day, I concur. The squabbling among their players was a sight to behold, we, on the other hand, showed tremendous team spirit, belief and resolve. We may not have won the game but the drama of the penalty save and the interventions by Dunk and Knockaert made it feel like a win. An extraordinary scene of togetherness between the fans and the team made for an unforgettable moment. :albion2:

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Few weeks ago I thought Swansea were dead in the water (no pun), now look at them. I think anything could happen in this seasons relegation battle.

Anything really could happen. In seasons gone by there have been crisis clubs (Sunderland, Villa) who were hopeless from the start and went down meekly, and/or at least one promoted club ill-equipped for the PL, making the table a bit less congested. No such case this season, everyone has a genuine case for survival. Plus the knock on effect of the Top 6 pulling away competitively, making such results scarce and thus meaning that the gutter teams have to go life and limb with each other by getting results in more "winnable" games

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Depth of squad is going to have a big effect as well in the run-in.

Mooy just gone off on a stretcher for Huddersfield.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Bad news for them......

Just a deep cut on the knee apparently. Stitches, but nothing more.

Wouldn't wish an serious injury on any player, especially not those heading off to the World Cup with Ryan in 4 months time.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So Huddersfield now 3-1 up against a team we failed to beat. What a moronic thread.

Huddersfield's first win since December 9th...

...against us.

I'm not sure why today's result means it's a moronic thread, whether or not you agree with the selections. I still see Huddersfield as one of my three to go down.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
It's looking more likely we need to pull a win out of the bag against one of the big boys.

Not yet it's not. We still have Swansea, Palace and Huddersfield to play along with Leicester, Everton and Burnley who we should have a chance of a point against them.

If we beat Palace, Swansea and Huddersfield we stay up IMO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pardew Albion will be six adrift of safety with this 'Udds result + assuming Chelski get the job done, we said the same about Swansea before they beat Arsenal/Liverpool but can we be thinking about them as the first team we'll definitely finish above now?
No.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here