Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That tackle

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Incredible. They really think more people will watch it on this Quest channel (if they've got it - I'm not sure I have) than watch it on Channel 5? :facepalm:
A non descript channel that has big owners though.

It's free and you will have it.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Forget the tackle.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned ENCROACHMENT yet. That penalty should have been re-taken, there were half a dozen players in the box, including Dunk, before the penalty was struck.

Its one of those rules that always seems to be ignored (as this thread shows). We got away with that one, it was shocking refereeing.

Noticed the encroachment, but there was also a Stoke player in the box as the pen was kicked.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Noticed the encroachment, but there was also a Stoke player in the box as the pen was kicked.

There was a herd of players rushing in from both sides, but the fact is, Dunk encroached, and then and made a saving tackle that stopped a tap-in.

A decent ref would've spotted it and ordered a retake. Rest assured, his assessor will have picked up on it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Forget the tackle.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned ENCROACHMENT yet. That penalty should have been re-taken, there were half a dozen players in the box, including Dunk, before the penalty was struck.

Its one of those rules that always seems to be ignored (as this thread shows). We got away with that one, it was shocking refereeing.

Given it was never a penalty in a MILLION years, think justice was done, no?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That's one way to describe it.

Luck was definitely on our side yesterday.

1) We gained a point.
2) Stoke lost 2.
3) Dunk should be looking at a straight red.

Lovely stuff.

No double jeopardy, wouldn’t have been a red
Original pen shouldn’t have been given
Justice was done and Maty and Lewis are heroes

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Amazing how quite a few people are seeing this through blue and white bias specs. It's clearly a foul from Dunk on two accounts as no touch on ball and handball. However as consistently pointed out pure justice as was never a penalty. And massive respect for Ryan making the save and Dunk being in position to make such a crucial if dubious challenge.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Amazing how quite a few people are seeing this through blue and white bias specs. It's clearly a foul from Dunk on two accounts as no touch on ball and handball. However as consistently pointed out pure justice as was never a penalty. And massive respect for Ryan making the save and Dunk being in position to make such a crucial if dubious challenge.

It would have been an absolute travesty of justice if he followed a non-pen (it wasn't 'soft', both players were grabbing each other) with another pen, was obvious the benefit of the doubt would be given on Dunk's challenge else it would have been suspect on his part. Particularly as his angle was different to that of the TV cameras, he probably only saw Dunk diving in and contact made to take it away from Adam.

Then again I wouldn't have been surprised if it was given, as we tend to be on the receiving end of shit like this.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Lost my shit in the away end when Ryan saved it, heart sank through my boots when I saw at drop to Adam to tap in, may have soiled myself when Dunk flew in from nowhere to clear for the corner. All in the space of about 3 seconds!

Annoyingly the stream I was watching, and which had been flawless all game, gave up the ghost about a minute before the penalty was given and never quite returned. Went old-school at that point and listened to the Radio Sussex commentary.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I wonder if VAR would've given another pen..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Don't think many Stoke players appealed for a foul by Dunk on Adam, can't remember Adam claiming a foul.
Who cares if we got lucky on that one, remember the foul by Shawcross in the home game, penalty not given.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Watching it in real time from behind corner flag it looked like Dunk got his leg between post and Adam - Adam clearly wondered what the hell had happened as to why he didn't score but didn't appeal for anything - no Stoke player was appealing for original penalty either

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Don't think many Stoke players appealed for a foul by Dunk on Adam, can't remember Adam claiming a foul.
Who cares if we got lucky on that one, remember the foul by Shawcross in the home game, penalty not given.

Yes Shawcross on Dunk was a stonewall penalty! Dunk on Adam happened so quickly it looked like an unbelievable tackle. Even watching over and over again in real time it still looks an unbelievable tackle. Lawrensonesque! I think the 'handball' element which you can't see in real time was the result of momentum as he propelled himself like some Olympic long jumper.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

None of them did. Even the Charlie knew he didn't deserve it.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Charlie was more worried about Jese coming over to kick his head in for missing it ������

You jest but all those shenanigans probably distracted him from realising that he'd been clearly fouled and should have appealed. As people have said the handball would be hard to notice in real time and of course if there was VAR for a league game it would have cancelled original pen decision.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here