Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That tackle

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
But MOTD show him scything in and hand balling at the same time, any glimpse of Jose's goal... nah.

Indeed and on refection possibly could have resulted in another penalty and perhaps Dunk being sent off . This though is Dunk in a microcosm , he's quick to spot issues and takes responsibility to solve them and in the past that has cost him cards and a lot of slagging off by various people on this forum. Personally I prefer him playing his natural game and taking the chances. Not sure if the handling was intentional though.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Indeed and on refection possibly could have resulted in another penalty and perhaps Dunk being sent off . This though is Dunk in a microcosm , he's quick to spot issues and takes responsibility to solve them and in the past that has cost him cards and a lot of slagging off by various people on this forum. Personally I prefer him playing his natural game and taking the chances. Not sure if the handling was intentional though.

Immense tackle/foul, depending on your interpretation, wouldn't have Dunky any other way.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
He did what he had to do and got away with one along the way.

His only intent was making sure the ball didn’t go in the net. Excellent defending, terrible tackle. Funny how it can be both.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Immense tackle/foul, depending on your interpretation, wouldn't have Dunky any other way.
Can you imagine what would have happened if the ref had given another penalty?

We certainly wouldn't be complaining about the lack of media coverage this morning.
:rant: :catfight: :guns: :shit:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Most impressive thing for me about Dunk (who was captain remember) that as everyone was celebrating the save and his tackle, he was bellowing at others to get in position for the corner. He hasn’t half matured as a player over the last 2-3 seasons. Sure CH has had a lot to do with that.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
It was a fantastic tackle - regardless of the fact that it may not have been entirely legal.
What would VAR done for it? Being neutral for a minute, the original penalty may have been reversed. If not, Dunk would almost certainly have been penalised and a second penalty given. There would have been a good 5 minutes delay while both incidents were thoroughly chewed over. VAR would have turned an adreneline-filled, thrilling 2 minutes action into a sterile, boring mundane technical process.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Dunk was solely looking to get his leg across the side of the post to put a barrier between Adams and the goal - we was looking to make sure his foot didn't hit the post

What happened to the ball and where it went was coincidental - sole focus of Dunk was if my leg is in the way he won't score

Then as you say was straight up shouting at everyone re the pending corner ( whilst thinking it rather good another penalty not given )

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Well I was wondering when we'd get some good luck. On balance, does this count?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
looked like a pen from dunk, but he had no choice but to make the challenge

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Watching MOTD was the penalty given, which was a pathetic decision by the ref, on the basis of an earlier penalty call for Stoke, not given that looked like a penalty to me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Forget the tackle.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned ENCROACHMENT yet. That penalty should have been re-taken, there were half a dozen players in the box, including Dunk, before the penalty was struck.

Its one of those rules that always seems to be ignored (as this thread shows). We got away with that one, it was shocking refereeing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Forget the tackle.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned ENCROACHMENT yet. That penalty should have been re-taken, there were half a dozen players in the box, including Dunk, before the penalty was struck.

Its one of those rules that always seems to be ignored (as this thread shows). We got away with that one, it was shocking refereeing.

From one of the Premiers worst referees.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
On the subject of penalties the Stoke defender was wrapped round Ulloa like a Christmas present! I've seen them given

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here