Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephens

Members

0 Not allowed!
    Well - rather bizarrely, according to the stats his pass success rate today was 76% against his average of 85%. Yet most of us reckon he had one of his best games. Just shows how stats on their own can be misleading.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Farehamseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      He was very good but I thought Propper was even better, same as most weeks.
      I thought Propper was the best player in the first half today, although 2nd half Stephens was awesome [apart from the silly push at the end].
      And Boulder never got a sniff !
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I normally really rate Stephens and will be the first to defend him when he gets slated. But I genuinely thought he had an off game today. A lot of misplaced passes, many which seemed to set Stoke very much on the front foot. Remember him trying a turn in the centre after an outrageous bit of skill by gross and him losing it weakly. Thought at the time as well it was a pen and he was very silly to have his hands up. Admittedly i only saw it out he corner of my eye so once i rewatch it, I'd be happy to revise my opinion if it is the soft pen many believe it to be. but on the whole, one of Stephens weakest games this season imho. maybe I've just grown to expect such a high standard from him?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
      I'm not talking about this season, I'm talking about today. Stephens was the best player on the pitch. By a mile. Better than Shaqiri. Propper did well to get into those positions, but he should have scored at least one of them. From memory, he didn't get any on target.
      He got one of his attempts on target, the one where he hit the ball first time too close to Butland.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pasty View Post
      We were having a discussion about Stephens last week, and came to the odd conclusion that he is better when he has less time to think. Some of the passes he plays at fast pace or when being closed down are phenomenal. The ones that go astray seem to be when he has time on the ball.
      Bang on intelligent football comment Please don’t pollute NSC with this nonsense again.
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, that’s it. We have done it.

Inigo Calderon
      May 2016

0 Not allowed!
      Most of the teams in this division would start with one of DP or DS. ... half a dozen would be chuffed with having both.
      Absolutely belting good.
      The worst shit in the seven kingdoms.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pasty View Post
      We were having a discussion about Stephens last week, and came to the odd conclusion that he is better when he has less time to think. Some of the passes he plays at fast pace or when being closed down are phenomenal. The ones that go astray seem to be when he has time on the ball.
      Did you ever play the beautiful game? I started as a centre forward and made my way down to centre back as I got older. Give me time on the ball I was shit. Give me a nano second and I wasn't to bad. So I can totally see where you're coming from.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Farehamseagull View Post
      In your opinion. In mine Propper is a superior player and has been better overall throughout the season.
      Can't agree, sorry. Apart from Propper being played out of his natural position, he gets his confidence off of Stephens. He's done a fantastic job, don't get me wrong, but one over Stephens, I can't agree. On a side note, will be interesting to see who the supporters choose as player of the season, must be the most open for many years.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bodian View Post
      Well - rather bizarrely, according to the stats his pass success rate today was 76% against his average of 85%. Yet most of us reckon he had one of his best games. Just shows how stats on their own can be misleading.
      Maybe it says his was more involved today

It was also good to see D P getting in more scoring positions, his scoring time will come

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Trelford Mills Guide Dog View Post
      I thought Propper was the best player in the first half today, although 2nd half Stephens was awesome [apart from the silly push at the end].
      Nothing silly at all. ,Happens in every game at least 50 times. It's a shocking referee decision. If that is a pen then Kane's goal was a foul also as he gave the Arsenal player a slight push to get the elevation.

The ref is a cock and could have easily cost us points and our Premier league status.
      Kobanî liberated 26th Jan 2015 = Modern day Stalingrad
      RIP Ceylan Ozalp, 19
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqu...dex=11&list=WL