Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away fans.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Stoke fans were absolutely crap today. If fan support was a measure of your right to stay up they would definitely be in the bottom 3. I know they are not playing well and are on a poor run but this was meant to be their biggest game of the season and they didn't turn up as fans. Sang one song in the first five minutes and then went deathly quiet. Even after they scored they were ****ing loud for 5 minutes and then switched off again. The negativity from the stands of moaning and jeering if their players passed the ball backwards came as a real surprise. Their players bickered amongst themselves most of the game too. Would be very surprised if they stay up.

They did make me laugh with their one song singing if Saido scores they're on the pitch :laugh:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Stoke fans were absolutely crap today. If fan support was a measure of your right to stay up they would definitely be in the bottom 3. I know they are not playing well and are on a poor run but this was meant to be their biggest game of the season and they didn't turn up as fans. Sang one song in the first five minutes and then went deathly quiet. Even after they scored they were ****ing loud for 5 minutes and then switched off again. The negativity from the stands of moaning and jeering if their players passed the ball backwards came as a real surprise. Their players bickered amongst themselves most of the game too. Would be very surprised if they stay up.

They did make me laugh with their one song singing if Saido scores they're on the pitch :laugh:

Speaking of songs today. Did anyone ever find Trevor? :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I've heard a lot about the intense noisy Stoke fans
No sign of them today until they scored

Stoke were some of the loudest fans I've ever heard when they scored and for a few mins after

We were brilliant today, consistent throughout and 90% of the match out sung Stoke

And to think TB wanted the Amex to replicate the Stoke support:facepalm:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
When stoke made a noise **** me it was loud.

But I thought the away support was pretty decent today sang all game got behind the team and feel we did our part with the pen. Maty Ryan enchourging us to give Adam Shit.

What was the Izzy attempt of a song second half.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Stoke away stoke away we're the Albion at stoke away

Stoke away
Stoke away
In the Premier League
Stoke away
How did we get here I don't know
How did we get here I don't care
All I know is we're playing Stoke away

I think..

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I thought their fans were effing loud. In parts. Ours outsung them though

Out of interest what was that song they came onto, it sounded like a wr march from North Korea

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Spot in. They were deafening after they scored, but were otherwise silent, or shouting at their own players.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Couldn’t understand why some of our fans were made to go in the home stand part way through the match when there still a few seats free near me

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wasn't there yesterday but I've said before, on prior visits, when they score and break into "Delilah" they are as loud as anyone.

For context on the record crowd:

"It is creeping towards the 30,000 mark for the Potters, who extended the official capacity of their headquarters to 30,089 when they filled in the south-east corner and installed new disabled facilities last summer.

The match could set a new record for the stadium, built in 1997, which was only broken a fortnight ago - for the fourth time this season - by the visit of Huddersfield Town in Paul Lambert’s first match in charge. There were 29,785 in that day for a 2-0 win and crackling atmosphere."

There were quite a few empty seats visible, so I'm surprised about that, especially given they have had Man Utd and Liverpool their already this season. Man City and Spurs to come will, presumably, mean we're not their record crowd for long.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
We sang loud and IN TIME today because we were banging on the back of the stand, amazing what can be done when we keep a rhythm :)

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Stoke away
Stoke away
In the Premier League
Stoke away
How did we get here I don't know
How did we get here I don't care
All I know is we're playing Stoke away

I think..
Sounds fun.. Maybe "at" rather than "playing" in the last line?

How many other monosyllabic teams are there in the PL? Wolves next season would work well...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here