Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Mary Chapin Carpenter

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I had to look her up as I had never heard of her and then found that she is performing or more correctly singing at The Assembly Hall as she doesnt appear to play any instrument. Mind I have to look up many singers etc now.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I had to look her up as I had never heard of her and then found that she is performing or more correctly singing at The Assembly Hall as she doesnt appear to play any instrument. Mind I have to look up many singers etc now.

She plays guitar, and she's not exactly young - 60 soon!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

What was the point of this post other than to get your post count up? Someone you haven’t heard of is playing a gig you won’t be going to, in a town you don’t live in, but you still need to make some ridiculous comment.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What was the point of this post other than to get your post count up? Someone you haven’t heard of is playing a gig you won’t be going to, in a town you don’t live in, but you still need to make some ridiculous comment.

We come from Worthing and go to the Assembly Hall quite often with other members of the family so if somebody interesting is appearing we arrange a family gathering so it is not such a weird post. Because I have never heard of her does not detract from her ability and there is always the possibility that the show would appeal to my wife and I plus our inlaws.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd heard the name, but didn't know much about her. Don't recognise any of the songs mentioned on her Wiki entry either. I'll have to spend a little time on Youtube, I think.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
When it comes to Quittin Time Mary would like nothing more than Passionate Kisses The Hard Way by walking 10,000 Miles and experiencing The Dreaming Road where she says I Take My Chances. On and On It Goes Only a Dream as Mary says Mrs Hemingway Never Had It So Good because she is Almost Home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here