Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 10/2 - 12/2

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I could live with a draw if I have to but a Newcastle win is absolutely disastrous.

Why do all these top teams seem to struggle against the rubbish teams until they play us?

I've consistently thought Newcastle will stay up, opposing the NSC gang (formed circa 7 May 17) of Rafa / NUFC haters.

IMO its between Watford, Hudd, Albion, WBA, Swansea, Palace and Stoke. I do realise the PL table puts Newcastle and West Ham in the mix.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Its never good if you want ManUre to get a result. They'll always let us down. Mod edit the swear filter is in place for a good reason! club.

Last edited by a moderator:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
We show them way too much respect, and park the bus hoping for something off the odd break / set piece, in fairness to Newcastle they have taken the game to Man U and not held back!

To a point. They’ve also scored one and parked the bus since. We’ve come out well against the big teams but conceded which screws up any plans we might have had.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
To a point. They’ve also scored one and parked the bus since. We’ve come out well against the big teams but conceded which screws up any plans we might have had.

Yep, and away been the victims of at least a couple of flukey goals. Home to Liverpool, we had a great chance to equalise, they go down the other end and score from the rebound. I've got some optimism for our home games v Arsenal, Spurs and MU.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Tough to imagine Stephens or Propper ever running a game against a big gun the way Shelvey has here. We're about to be the only team at the bottom not to have beaten a big team. Bonus points which will hurt us.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Rafa's lucky bracelet

Well this is turning out to be a great day isn't it. :shootself

I thought they (=Toon) might win or draw. We had enough opportunities at Old Trafford.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Tough to imagine Stephens or Propper ever running a game against a big gun the way Shelvey has here. We're about to be the only team at the bottom not to have beaten a big team. Bonus points which will hurt us.

We're probably the only team to have played just 3 homes games against them so far.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017

If he had the right attitude and a grounded head on the pitch he'd likely be at a Europa League challenging club. Talented but frustrating

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Not finishing teams off when we're well on top may well be what costs us (in addition to falling behind early when playing the 'defend and counter attack' game plan.

Definitely. Everton, Bournemouth (twice), Southampton,Stoke... that’s 10 points dropped right there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here