Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 10/2 - 12/2

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Spot on. If we go down we can look back at games where we were the better team and failed to convert it into a win.

Everton H
Southampton H
Burnley H
Stoke A
And we were easily worth a point at man U away.

Even if we pick two single mistakes: if Glenn had scored the penalty and Bruno has let the ball drift out of play without elbowing someone we'd be well on our way to safety by now.

The margins are so fine this year, it's going to be tiny bits of luck or small errors that save our relegate teams.

Too early for doom and gloom. Every club other than ManC can point to what ifs and maybe's.

We've just gained unlikely draws at cocky PL clubs with some international players (Stains and Stoke), and completed the double over West Ham.

Hughton and the players will be feeling confident of more good results in the coming 'mini cup finals. They won't waste mental energy on the results of othrr clubs.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I could see Newcastle winning, but I can't see Southampton winning although it will be close for awhile. How long?

I would have cleaned up if I bet this weekend. It would have been some consolation.

Aftertimer.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
As Jose would say, “the football gods are against us today”. I fully expect Southampton to turn it around and thrash Liverpool 5-1.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Too early for doom and gloom. Every club other than ManC can point to what ifs and maybe's.

We've just gained unlikely draws at cocky PL clubs with some international players (Stains and Stoke), and completed the double over West Ham.

Hughton and the players will be feeling confident of more good results in the coming 'mini cup finals. They won't waste mental energy on the results of othrr clubs.

Very true. What is the point of racking over the 'what ifs'!? We've got 28 points with 11 to play, we've given ourselves a great chance. Lets show a bit of courage and belief going forwards rather than too much angst looking back...we've got all summer for that!!!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very true. What is the point of racking over the 'what ifs'!? We've got 28 points with 11 to play, we've given ourselves a great chance. Lets show a bit of courage and belief going forwards rather than too much angst looking back...we've got all summer for that!!!

Managers and pro players only look forward to the next challenge. CH will have them focused.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
12 more points required IMO

They will come against Swansea, Leicester, Huddersfield, Palace and Burnley IMO.

I also suspect we will secure some points against teams I haven’t mentioned.

Weekend of the 24th / 25th Feb is massive.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Spot on. If we go down we can look back at games where we were the better team and failed to convert it into a win.

Everton H
Southampton H
Burnley H
Stoke A
And we were easily worth a point at man U away.

Even if we pick two single mistakes: if Glenn had scored the penalty and Bruno has let the ball drift out of play without elbowing someone we'd be well on our way to safety by now.

The margins are so fine this year, it's going to be tiny bits of luck or small errors that save our relegate teams.

Sadly not even an exhaustive list... Watford away springs instantly to mind as a game where the opposition was at our mercy for 70 minutes and we walked away with a solitary point.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Remember when we got mocked for our orange away top? Better than Liverpool's full orange strip. Did they get mocked?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Sadly not even an exhaustive list... Watford away springs instantly to mind as a game where the opposition was at our mercy for 70 minutes and we walked away with a solitary point.

Add Bournemouth home & away to that list. ???

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
liverpool.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here