Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Palace 2 down

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Well what a player Izzy is proving. I thought I was seeing things when he almost carbon copied last weeks goal, the he slices through them like a hot knife through butter, keep him on the left please though Chris and sub March for Knocky. Whats up with March he seems to have lost a yard of pace and cant keep the ball down, he seems panicked

Great half

March off please need Knocky on

D

Deleted member 2719

3237 Albion,I salute you all. :bowdown:

Except..........................................:bigwave:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Tony Gale sounds like an Albion fan on this commentary :)

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
It's a 'good' way to play for any team, like Arsenal or City - but for a team like us that's often up against it, it's about the 'only good' way to play.

With the players we have I think it's the best way to get results. But other teams with limited resources can take different approaches. Tony Pulis's teams, for example, are a defensive wall, which scores a lot of their goals through set pieces, which they work hard on. So a lot of what they are about is winning free kicks in attacking positions, and scoring goals that way. We aren't so good at that.

Surely it can't be, because if you're nearly always favourites, your opponents won't be attacking with abandon, and they won't give you the chance to counter. Instead, like we often saw with us at home in the Championship, you'll be trying to break down a solid defensive unit.

They are not a team that cares much about possession. Obviously generally being much better than other teams, they'll have a lot of the possession. But their style is to counter quickly when they win the ball back, and it's served them extremely well. And if you look at the latter stages of the Champions League, which they've won 3 times in the last 4 years, they have destroyed teams with quick, fast counter attacking football, in games when they've not dominated possession.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here