Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
43541d2203349837e4386e15fa5441c3.jpg

LVGull

May 13, 2016
There may be different ways to play footy, but when you're a bit weaker than most teams in the division, and you're going to be forced to defend deep, fast counter-attacking is the only decent solution I can think of. Ignoring the last couple of goals, that's why we need Jose, and also why I'm praying Jurgen can do similar. Particularly when defending a lead away from home, knowing that the home team will come at us.

http://www.vipleague.mobi/football/485939/1/stoke-city-vs-brighton-live-stream-online.html

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
There may be different ways to play footy, but when you're a bit weaker than most teams in the division, and you're going to be forced to defend deep, fast counter-attacking is the only decent solution I can think of. Ignoring the last couple of goals, that's why we need Jose, and also why I'm praying Jurgen can do similar. Particularly when defending a lead away from home, knowing that the home team will come at us.

I don't think it's necessarily about being weaker. It's a good way to play. It's how we've played the last couple of years - be solid and then counter attack teams with speed. And when it's set up how it is today, it's really entertaining I think. It's sort of how Real Madrid have dominated European football the last couple of years, although it seems to be falling apart for them this season.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Whats up with March he seems to have lost a yard of pace and cant keep the ball down, he seems panicked

March is a worry at the moment, it's just not happening for him. I've noticed in the last couple of games that he's been hiding a bit after he's made mistakes - basically playing a pass and then running into a position where he can't receive it back, although he's not done it in this match.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Saido Berahino has not scored a single goal in his first 27 games for Stoke. He's on for the second half. Therefore, I predict he'll score today.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Palarse concede

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't think it's necessarily about being weaker. It's a good way to play.
It's a 'good' way to play for any team, like Arsenal or City - but for a team like us that's often up against it, it's about the 'only good' way to play.

It's sort of how Real Madrid have dominated European football the last couple of years
Surely it can't be, because if you're nearly always favourites, your opponents won't be attacking with abandon, and they won't give you the chance to counter. Instead, like we often saw with us at home in the Championship, you'll be trying to break down a solid defensive unit.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Stoke come out much quicker this half. Need to push them back.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here