Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our first choice right back is.....

Who is first choice right back?

• Bruno

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • The Greyhound

Votes: 118 84.3%

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We cannot deny the contribution Bruno has given to the club it has been a privilege to watch him play, but sadly time has caught up with him and now there is a new kid in town Schelotto. :smile:

I agree. I feel awful, because I voted for Schelotto, as I love Bruno, but he is getting past his prime now.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bruno’s lack of pace, simply due to his age, gives a major vulnerability to us. He’s been a great player, a leader and a legend, but his legs can’t cope against pacey opponents.

Hopefully he’ll still have some role with the Albion once he stops playing.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Forget age for a second, purely on current form the shirt is Schelotto's. The moment came against Chelsea, he gave everything he had. It's not always pretty, but in a relegation battle, it's essential. He's then started to have more and more influence, to the degree that Bong is playing his best football too, maybe unrelated on the other side, but in the game against West Ham we looked threatening from both flanks.

That may change of course, and I expect Bruno to still contribute this season, but for the moment, expecting Schelotto to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bruno’s lack of pace, simply due to his age, gives a major vulnerability to us. He’s been a great player, a leader and a legend, but his legs can’t cope against pacey opponents.

Hopefully he’ll still have some role with the Albion once he stops playing.

I agree with the sentiment but wonder in what capacity could he continue with us. as our coaching staff seems settled.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Galgo has dislodged him imo, feel happy for him proving everyone wrong and stepping up to the plate but of course there's the sentiment with Bruno, which unfortunately when the PL is on the line you can't afford to have.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If you could blend the 2 you would have a perfect rightback. Bruno’s touch and composire, Schelotto pace, height and aggression

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
If you could blend the 2 you would have a perfect rightback. Bruno’s touch and composire, Schelotto pace, height and aggression

If the two were blended into a new entity, it would probably be playing for Everton at least and not Brighton

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The great thing about Bruno, like Calderon before him, is he's the consummate professional, a calm experienced positive influence in the dressing room. I was delighted to see the way he celebrated our goals off the bench last match. Players with that much connection to your club are a rare commodity. On or off the pitch, Bruno is still huge for us.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Top 8 - Bruno
Others - Schelotto

Bruno is more disciplined defensively so when we need to sit a bit deeper he should play, otherwise unleash the Greyhound.

Chijeff

Jan 23, 2017
We cannot deny the contribution Bruno has given to the club it has been a privilege to watch him play, but sadly time has caught up with him and now there is a new kid in town Schelotto. :smile:

100% agreement. No room for sentiment we need points.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We all love Bruno. A massive hero and the captain who lead us to the Premier League. However, since Schelotto settled in and got up to the pace of the game he has been superb.

Of course Bruno is better technically but when you're in a dogfight what you need is aggression, pace, the ability to get at the opposition etc which is what The Greyhound has in spades. He is also better at defending set pieces as he will stick his head on the ball instead of Bruno's worrying penchant for ignoring it and wrestling the opposition instead.

I also LOVE the fact that at least 50% of this forum had written him off as complete shite after a couple of appearances and being played out of position. Schelotto has the shirt and I hope he keeps it. Not because of any slight on El Capitan but because that will mean he is playing as well or better than he already has been.

I will now go and punch myself in the face.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
918dc8e1b74b523e255e8a00c44609f1.jpg

Pedigree.

Woof woof!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Greyhound now. Would say Bruno is possibly a better defender bot Schelloto much more exciting as more of a wingback to watch and doesnt need someone like Knocky for cover

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here