Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Unusual music collaborations

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Love the Burroughs song. In a very similar vein (pun intended), Will Self collaborated with Bomb the Bass for this track where he explains the difficulties he has extracting morphine from soluble kaolin that he buys from various chemists and the effect that it has on his arms. Apparently it makes the veins thicken and stand out leaving his body look like a map of the M25.

https://youtu.be/XMjNP7mTmNk

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Maybe I'm doing him a disservice but it does look an awful lot like it to me. It's also coincided with an appallingly bad and lazy string of covers albums. Nick Cave went through a similar phase, the nadir being that God awful moustache that he grew.

:lolol:
being serious for a change .... your music knowledge is staggering

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I dont remember that, cant say I'm into it she sound very whiney

Can't say I'm all that into it meself mate. Bit of a dud to be honest. But the brief was 'unusual music collaborations' so it pretty much qualifies aye?

Less unusual, tho still unusual enough, and WAY more enjoyable on just about every level, is THIS fantastic 1984 collaboration and gorgeous performance...

:love:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Can't say I'm all that into it meself mate. Bit of a dud to be honest. But the brief was 'unusual music collaborations' so it pretty much qualifies aye?

Less unusual, tho still unusual enough, and WAY more enjoyable on just about every level, is THIS fantastic 1984 collaboration and gorgeous performance...

yeah that's better. Showing your age though mate :) The drummer looks like Ziggy out of Grange Hill, around he right time too

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

I was going to post that yesterday, but then thought it didn't qualify

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Fugees and Mick Hucknall at the MTV Awards back in the day

That is a damn good call and opens up a whole new avenue to explore. I'm not a fan of Texas but Sharlene Spiteri's rendition of "You Can Say What You Want" at the Brit Awards with Method Man was fantastic.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here