Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Eurostar to Amsterdam

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Fantastic news, good spot, although a 20 min flight from LGW (yes plus 2 hours pre flight plus 1 hour transfer inc customs) must still be quicker?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm not so sure we should be encouraging greater connections with the European continent. Who are these traitors, and where can we find them?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Couple of observations.

It's still quicker and cheaper to fly.
Changing in Brussels isn't that much of a pain.
I'm fairly certain the London to Brussels bit takes about 1h48 already. It was certainly sub 2 hours in December.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They have obviously done their research but I wouldnt have thought that there was much demand for a train to Amsterdam.is it aimed at business or tourist needs? i thought that we were breaking away from Europe not forging greater transport links.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
They have obviously done their research but I wouldnt have thought that there was much demand for a train to Amsterdam.is it aimed at business or tourist needs? i thought that we were breaking away from Europe not forging greater transport links.

What? So Brexit means fewer people will want to travel to Europe? Why?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I was thinking less business men will be travelling to Europe as they will stretch out further for business, but I could have got it wrong.

you understand trains and people travel in both directions?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was thinking less business men will be travelling to Europe as they will stretch out further for business, but I could have got it wrong.

I'd go by train precisely because I could work. It's pretty hard to do work on a short haul flight, there's more time queuing that sitting, but a three-hour train trip would be great for getting work done.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

We’ll still be traded heavily with EU countries so I doubt business travel will decrease much, if at all. Added to that, Amsterdam is a huge tourist destination. For some flying will still be quicker but, for a large catchment area in London and the South East, Eurostar will be quicker ... despite what some on here have said.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here