Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A draw not good enough?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Looking at our upcoming fixtures would a draw tomorrow against a relegation rival not be good enough..?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Its another point on the board, and denies a direct rival, the possibility of three.

Would be a decent result (especially if backed up by a WIN v Swansea).

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
A draw certainly would not be the end of the world.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Four points from the next two, any order (I don’t mind I’m going to both) will do very nicely.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If we do end up dropping down a league I think we'll be looking back at a lot of draws we should have won

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Anyone got a link to that thread with the table of predictions and graph - which projects a route to 40 points and says how far behind / ahead we actually are? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
I think this is a must not lose rather than a must win. However, we need to turn those draws into wins and now would be a good time to start.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bookies have us to get 1.07 points from this game on average.
If it wasn't against a relegation rival, I'd be tempted to roll the dice, but since denying them a win is a big deal, I'd take a point if I could.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
it`s a must not lose game for sure I`d take a draw now for sure as long as we can beat Swansea.
But without the Swansea result coming into it, would you take a draw now?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Must.Not.Lose.

Deny Stoke making up 3 points on us.

Then beat Swansea.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we do end up dropping down a league I think we'll be looking back at a lot of draws we should have won
Prior to kick off, this isn't a game 'we should be winning'. They are strong favourites.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's not a must-win game. It's one of those where a draw might be a decent outcome providing other results go in our favour over the course of the weekend.

If we could nick a win then it would take a bit of pressure off the Swansea game.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Away from home, big strong team who caused us a lot of problems defensively at home, I'd take a draw, a win would be bloody excellent.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
After the West Brom and Chelsea defeats a few weeks ago, many on NSC (myself included) felt that 7-8 points from our end-Jan/Feb fixtures would be an achievable and terrific 4-game haul in our bid for survival, especially given the tough end of season run-in we have to face. With 4 points already bagged against the Stains and Wet Sham, a draw at Stoke would be a great result, especially if followed up with a home win against Swansea. I’ll be very happy with a point tomorrow and ecstatic with a win. This is a key, “mustn’t lose” game for the Albion against a rival struggler and so we may reasonably assume that Stoke will "go for it" and that we’ll defend in droves. I’m really looking forward to this one and, with so much at stake at this stage of the season, I think it could be a potentially eventful encounter. Every game is massive now as we endeavour to inch ourselves away from the drop zone. It’s a different form of excitement from last season, but nail-biting nevertheless. UTA!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here