Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A draw not good enough?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What if we draw tomorrow and then draw or lose against Swansea? We'll look back and say we really should've beat stoke

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I have concerns about defending corners against a team like Stoke. Powerful side who don't mind playing a scrappy game. It's going to be a tough one but I'd be more than happy with a point so long as we can get all 3 against Swansea.

Got a sneaking suspicion that the additions of Locadia and Ulloa has given the club a bit of a morale boost and we will start attacking with a bit more aggression. Head says 1-1, heart says 1-3.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A draw would not be bad at all, clearly a win would be awesome though.

Id even take 3 points from these 2 games if offered now at a push. As long as it was a home win against Swansea.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Draw will be fine if we beat Swansea, should be looking at this fixture as our best opportunity of another away win however. Losing is not an option

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is a key, “mustn’t lose” game for the Albion against a rival struggler and so we may reasonably assume that Stoke will "go for it" and that we’ll defend in droves.
If that's the case, it would be nice to have some pace on the pitch to counter attack. Jose obviously, and the sooner Locadia gets on the better.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have concerns about defending corners against a team like Stoke.
Win the header, Jose and Locadia running up the other end to score.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Looking at our upcoming fixtures would a draw tomorrow against a relegation rival not be good enough..?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Not for Stoke it won't be. For us a draw will keep us on track for 36 points.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bookies have us to get 1.07 points from this game on average.
If it wasn't against a relegation rival, I'd be tempted to roll the dice, but since denying them a win is a big deal, I'd take a point if I could.

That's exactly how CH will be looking at it.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Draw will be fine one game fewer for them to catch us .. All the bottom teams have got to play each other and the top teams . If they nick points off the rivals it means one rival that hasn't gained on us . You then have the top teams to factor in as well , so things art looking that bad for us Yet !

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Prior to kick off, this isn't a game 'we should be winning'. They are strong favourites.

Favourites perhaps as they are at home, not convinced they should be strong favourites though, given according to the league table we are the better team so far this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here