Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A draw not good enough?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
No we won't. If anything we'll look back and say we really should have beaten Swansea.

Or we should have beaten ten man Watford or we shouldn`t have lost at Bournemouth after being one nil up or we should have beaten Everton etc etc etc

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Or we should have beaten ten man Watford or we shouldn`t have lost at Bournemouth after being one nil up or we should have beaten Everton etc etc etc

Well exactly.

The main thrust of my point is that a) it's a pretty futile exercise to think like this and b) if you insist on doing so then for Vicente's sake please do it for the home games.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The only good result in the present situation would be a win. A draw, though, would obviously be better than nothing.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
If we hadn't beaten West Ham, then I think this game would have had much greater significance than it has. A draw or a loss last week and I think I'd be thinking of must win.

More must not lose now I think.

I just hope we don't turn up and get bullied, which I can kind of see happening.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Like the last 2 games. A draw then a win good. A win tomorrow would be priceless though

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Prefere a win, but any away point is good. I think we should go for the win and not play for the draw.

Exactly! This team must keep pushing forward when having possession. Keeping the ball forward and not allowing the opponent possession is the way to prevent a loss.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
But without the Swansea result coming into it, would you take a draw now?

Its very much like last weekend......Once we beat West Ham then it made the point away at Southampton a good point...I was very much in the camp of 8 points from 'The four game season' which would take us to 31 and give us a fighting chance

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Its very much like last weekend......Once we beat West Ham then it made the point away at Southampton a good point
A point away to SCC is generally a good one, it was just the way we got it - taking the lead and then being forced to defend - that fans didn't like.

I understand if you're saying you'd take 4 points from the next two games, but what if you only had the choice to take 1 point tomorrow - would you?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A point away to SCC is generally a good one, it was just the way we got it - taking the lead and then being forced to defend - that fans didn't like.

I understand if you're saying you'd take 4 points from the next two games, but what if you only had the choice to take 1 point tomorrow - would you?

Of course not....but when the question gets posed 'a draw not good enough' well i'd say yes as of this moment...but its all in context and guessing this and that

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'd be happy with a point (obviously happier with 3). Its a huge game and unfortunately for the viewer I can see Chris battening down the hatches on this one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here