Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Why's everyone started saying "mac AND cheese" ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Mac and cheese
Soccer
Trick or Tweet
Black Friday
School Proms.................

Forget the special relationship, its about time we cut all ties with Trumpland to save our language and heritage

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I serve at Hawaiian Mac Salad as a side dish in my restaurant and despite not having any cheese anywhere in it all our American customers insist on calling it Mac and Cheese as if they are incapable of calling anything with Macaroni in it anything else.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If my aunt had bollocks she'd be me uncle

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
It's almost as irritating as people starting every sentence with the word 'so', or when you tell them something and they say 'oh really?'

Yes f***ing really! I just told you didn't I?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought the thread was about Big Mac and cheese as I have never heard macaroni cheese referred to as that. I love Macaroni Cheese if it is made properly with strong cheese as wife insists that it isnt the quantity of the cheese that gives it the taste but the strength of the cheese used.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It's the same tossers saying "Can I get" when ordering coffee when they mean "Please may I have." And the same deep pit of Hell awaits them all.

I

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Macaroni cheese never used to anything other than your nan gave you when you went round her's. Just like no self-respecting food outlet would demean itself by putting fish finger sarnie on its menu, no matter how ironically.

my nan wouldn't have 'foreign' food in her house, we were given LARD round her's

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I remember seeing it written that way at this restaurant in the States for the first time.

3DickeysMenu.png

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
my nan wouldn't have 'foreign' food in her house, we were given LARD round her's

My nan was quite enlightened on that score. On special occasions we'd go round her's and be treated to her specially-prepared French cuisine.
Still get quite misty-eyed when I recall my dear old nan's L'ARD.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
My nan was quite enlightened on that score. On special occasions we'd go round her's and be treated to her specially-prepared French cuisine.
Still get quite misty-eyed when I recall my dear old nan's L'ARD.

Oh echanté!

oophs .... enchanté even

D'accord!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here