Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] HAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRD! [The 2018 Winter Olympics curling thread]

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I ALL of my minutes watching speed skating I can honestly say I've never seen anything like this. She was ahead and was impeded by the Hungarian girl. The Swedish commentators even said "no way that's not her fault she'll be fine" (or words to that effect).

She chose to hold back at the start the second time though instead of going for it. Maybe that riled the judges?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Christie disqualified yet again, the girl finds too much trouble. :facepalm:
You have to feel for her, has she completed a race without falling or being disqualified? Maybe she should try Curling? Ah wait.....

Last edited:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Poor Christie. So are we any the wiser about her dq?

Christie goes into the heats of the 1000m 80% fit, she clips the skates of the Hungarian girl and crashes out, her mistake, judges decision is a restart.

On the restart she is very slow away but manages to get into contention, she once again gets involved in jostling but manages to finish 2nd,

the judges then looked at two separate incidents involving Christie and decided to give her a yellow card thus disqualifying her, in my opinion just about the correct decision.

See video of the race here. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-olympics/43124775

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Christie goes into the heats of the 1000m 80% fit, she clips the skates of the Hungarian girl and crashes out, her mistake, judges decision is a restart.

On the restart she is very slow away but manages to get into contention, she once again gets involved in jostling but manages to finish 2nd,

the judges then looked at two separate incidents involving Christie and decided to give her a yellow card thus disqualifying her, in my opinion just about the correct decision.

Thanks for that. She deserves a medal for doing as well as she did.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Aye, it doesn't seem particularly outrageous to me.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Is it right nobody with a pair of balls are allowed in the Salford commentary studio? Thought I was watching Loose Women.

Au contraire....national treasure Claire Balding is the “anchorman” and , sure as eggs is eggs, she’s got a bigger pair than many on here!!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's all about Eve as GB make it through to the Semi-Finals.

Top shot at the end of the 9th end to keep us in contention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here