Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Dog Holocaust in World Cup Russian cities

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Tony —

Russian officials plan to kill thousands of stray dogs before the 2018 FIFA World Cup. In preparation for the most watched sporting event in the world, the Russian government has contracted a "canine death squad" to shoot and poison, up to 2 million, street dogs and cats in eleven host cities.

As a Russian citizen and as Director of the City Animal Protection Foundation, I have started this petition calling on President Putin, to stop the slaughter of stray animals before the 2018 World Cup. If you agree with me, please sign and share it today.

Like the mass killing of street dogs before the Sochi Olympics, my country will once again solve its pet overpopulation with violence instead of humane methods. The lethal eradication plan was exposed to the us via leaked state contracts allocating funds to kill animals across the country. Some £1.4million has been assigned to host cities to pay for deployment of 'canine KGB' death squads.

I believe if people from countries participating the the World Cup speak out, we can stop this slaughter.

If people don’t act, countless dogs and other animals will be hunted down before the World Cup. Please join me in urging President Putin to invest in humane solutions instead of mass slaughter.

Thank you,
Ekaterina Dmitrieva
Russia

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Holocaust is rather strong isnt it? 2 million strays sounds like a pest problem..

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Holocaust is rather strong isnt it? 2 million strays sounds like a pest problem..

If someone said they wanted to round up and kill people from your nationality because they deemed you a pest when other solutions we're available then what do you call it.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I don’t think using the word Holocaust is an appropriate terminology to use when describing this dog situation , although I agree it is clearly horrendous and unacceptable situation with the dogs

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Can't wait for this thread to get loads of angry responses while most of you support the killing of 56 billion animals every year loool

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If someone said they wanted to round up and kill people from your nationality because they deemed you a pest when other solutions we're available then what do you call it.

hmmm, think rats is closer analogy you were looking for.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Holocaust" is a ridiculous analogy to put on this - there is only one association with this word, and it cannot and should not be related to the extermination of stray dogs.

To the issue in hand though, this is nothing new. At the last World Cup, the Brazilian authorities had huge hoardings put up along the freeways towards the stadiums in the cities, in order to obscure the views of the surrounding favela's from arriving fans and "dignatories". Slums around multi-million dollar stadiums is just not a good look for FIFA. Smoke and mirrors. Image is everything, The show must go on.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
"Holocaust" is a ridiculous analogy to put on this - there is only one association with this word, and it cannot and should not be related to the extermination of stray dogs.

To the issue in hand though, this is nothing new. At the last World Cup, the Brazilian authorities had huge hoardings put up along the freeways towards the stadiums in the cities, in order to obscure the views of the surrounding favela's from arriving fans and "dignatories". Slums around multi-million dollar stadiums is just not a good look for FIFA. Smoke and mirrors. Image is everything, The show must go on.
At least in Qatar the streets leading to the stadiums will be lined with tasteful memorials to the people who died building them ............................ I think that's the least FIFA will insist on, isn't it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
At least in Qatar the streets leading to the stadiums will be lined with tasteful memorials to the people who died building them ............................ I think that's the least FIFA will insist on, isn't it?

They're all stand-up guys at FIFA, as we all know. I'm confident they will be suitably honoured.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Most world cups have culls of some sort
SA was well hidden making it look shinier than it is and arresting/moving out homeless/beggars
Brasil street kids
Russia, Well I think they would do better starting with some of the hooligans rather than dogs, I know what I would be more worried about
Qatar, they have started with the people already

Bit ugly really aint it

Why us or Australia didnt get it beggars belief but we know why

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It shows a lack of care for their cities that they leave it to such a big problem and that it takes a load of 'bloody foreigners' coming to sort it out.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

They are not people though, are they?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
How on earth do you end up with that many stray dogs?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there a few years ago, and was amazed by the number of them just strolling around. Drove to a place about 4 hours SE of Moscow, and saw loads of dogs just strolling around, many were road kill on the road sides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here