Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Good to see all those EU flags being waved . . .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Isn't this rejection more to do with the fact that we always choose to enter the competition with shit songs?
:shrug: Most of the voting at Eurovision is based on country to country loyalty. The same countries give 12 points to the same allies year after year.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
As will the UK's economy...

Well let;s put it this way. The BBC has been propping this competition up financially since the 1960s. Without our UK citizens licence fee it would have been extinguished decades ago.

Now that seems familiar, without the UKs tax payers funding, the EU will probably be dead in a few years.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
When we've Brexited, will they kick us out of the Eurovision 'Song' Contest? All those in favour......:thumbsup: :smile:

Don’t be silly the BBC licence fee payer financially underwrites the Eurovision gig, which is why the U.K. entry never has to qualify.

Who would have thought that would happen, UK taxpayers being mugged off by the U.K. establishment in order to give their money away to poorer European countries.

Nice.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don’t be silly the BBC licence fee payer financially underwrites the Eurovision gig, which is why the U.K. entry never has to qualify.

I hope Mrs. May is quickly made aware of this fantastic bargaining tool she has! Free trade without free movement or a divorce bill or you can kiss goodbye to Eurovision - can't lose!

Oct 25, 2003
Just out of interest (genuine question) - aren't all the 28 member states located entirely in Europe? Turkey is, I think, partly in Asia, but they haven't joined (yet). Any other EU states all, or partly, outside Europe

Both France and Netherlands have land in other continents but that’s a little geographical anomaly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Who would have thought that would happen, UK taxpayers being mugged off by the U.K. establishment in order to give their money away to poorer European countries.

Nice.

Along with France, Germany and Spain.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Along with France, Germany and Spain.

Yep, but then some of the pigs walk on two legs.

Why should these countries (including the U.K.) be treated differently to the other competing countries?

Not a great example of European equality...........reinforces the the narrative that in terms of influence many of the nation’s in european project are irrelevant.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Looking forward to watching the final.

I'll be waving my EU flag. Even thought it's more than EU.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just seen the footage, looked like a typical night round at my place.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
OK. We have actually won the thing the same numbers of times as France and 3 more times than Germany. I really think, in this case, it is the shit songs that is the cause of the (almost) annual failure.

Yeah, but they do hate us.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
UK did well last year. Sounds like they're pleased to get rid of us.
Britain is very special for many reasons..
The English language,commonwealth a much much more stands us right up there unlike other countries.

You can be sure that most in this county certainly won't miss the idiots in Brussels as great Britain is something those idiots would love to destroy.
When have we ever seen eye to eye with the likes of France and Germany?

The future will be far brighter out of that controlling organisation that's for sure !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here