Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Do you like Marmite and Vegemite?

Do you like Marmite and Vegemite?

• I like Marmite and Vegemite

Votes: 56 22.9%
  • I like Marmite but don't like Vegemite

Votes: 74 30.2%
  • I like Vegemite but don't like Marmite

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I don't like either

Votes: 22 9.0%
  • I've tried one, it was vile, I'm not trying the other one thank you very much

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I like Marmite but have never tried Vegemite

Votes: 72 29.4%
  • I like Vegemite but have never tried Marmite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've tried neither

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Depends on what you were brought up on.
In the UK It was Marmite from birth, so that's what we are used to, even though it is still an acquired taste.
Over here it is Vegemite for the same reasons.
If I have one slice of toast with Marmite on everyday then mosquitoes tend to avoid me, could be something to do with the yeast component build up.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Marmite is far superior to Vegemite but I will eat Vege if I can't get Marm.

(Beggars can't be choosers when you live in a completely non-yeast extract spread country).

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Depends on what you were brought up on.
In the UK It was Marmite from birth, so that's what we are used to, even though it is still an acquired taste.
Over here it is Vegemite for the same reasons.
If I have one slice of toast with Marmite on everyday then mosquitoes tend to avoid me, could be something to do with the yeast component build up.

I was told similar here in Turkey,Marmite on toast in morning and mosquitoes will leave you alone.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
There wasn't an option for me which is "I like Marmite when pregnant, but never tried Vegemite!":lolol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Love Marmite

Don't like Vegemite

What concerns me more is I cant get on with Bovril....

Love the smell but not the taste...

Weird I know.

Similarly, I hate the taste of marmite but love the smell. Been 25 years since I tried Vegimite in Oz so it would be unfair to judge it.

I also hate the taste of gin but love the smell. As a barman I used to smell the empty gin bottles .... yes, yes, I know !

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Marmite is the nectar of the gods vegemite is for cleaning the toilet.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Why does Bovril keep getting mentioned ? Is it because they are sold in similar shaped jars ?

Totally different product to Marmite and Vegemite, might as well say you prefer chocolate.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I thought it was only kids who didn't like Marmite as it's quite a strong taste. Just like most of them don't like really spicy food until they get older and develope a taste for it.

Yeah, I'm saying that if you don't like Marmite then you're like a small child with no appreciation of real food. You probably have your steak well done and demand ketchup with it. Like Donald Trump.

I bet Trump HATES Marmite. But he'd cope with Vegemite as it's a bit more child friendly, being the kiddy version of the proper product.....

[emoji23]

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm a big Marmite fan. Love the stuff.

A jar of Vegemite appeared in the house last week. I recall not liking it, but the last time I tried it was years ago, so I thought I'd give it a go. "How dissimilar could it be?" I thought to myself.

Very is the answer. It's vile.

Where do you stand on this one?
Exactly.

I eat marmite most mornings.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
I tried Marmite and definitely hated it. No interest in trying Vegemite after that.

Strangely though I do love Twiglets.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Marmite is Satans spunk, vegemite is his muesli eating, sandal wearing, community service rather than eternal damnation nephew demons phlegm. (apologies if your eating while reading this)

Strangely like [MENTION=35479]btnbelle[/MENTION] I also like twiglets. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here