Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] XXIII Olympic Winter Games Pyeongchang 2018 *** Official Thread ***

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Only had fleeting glances at it, haven't noticed any Brits there at all.
Did chuckle at the opening ceremony when Australia fielded 40 people in their team and Iceland only 8, though they will probably get 8 golds then, as winter sports are a walk in the park for them.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
GB's Dom Parsons takes bronze in the skeleton, our first in the men's iteration of the event since John Crammond in 1948

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Izzy Atkin won bronze in the women's ski slopestyle to claim Great Britain's second medal of the Winter Olympics. It is the first time GB has earned a medal in skiing, and only the second ever medal on the snow after Jenny Jones won bronze in the snowboard slopestyle at Sochi four years ago

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It is the first time GB has earned a medal in skiing,

Technically not, as Alain Baxter did win a bronze in 2002 (slalom I think), then failed a drug test and had it taken away.

Well done to Izzy though, hopefully it will work out better this time.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Elise Christie has been taken out by a Chinese skater in the semi-final. She is being taken out of the arena on a stretcher.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Shame for Christie, looked like she may have hurt her ankle from the feet-first impact with the padding at the side.

Now for the 3rd run of the Ladies Face First Downhill On A Tea Tray - two Brits very much in medal contention here.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Lizzie Yarnold is in 2nd place, and just 0.02 seconds behind the leader, going into the final run later.

Fellow Brit Laura Deas is in 4th place.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I like the tea tray racing. Looks scary as **** but I'd love to have a go at it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here