Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] XXIII Olympic Winter Games Pyeongchang 2018 *** Official Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you are a novice to this and you plan to only watch ONE thing from the winter Olympics, make it Ski-cross.

Wonderful and often compete and utter carnage.
I've seen ski-cross at each Olympics, but it's never done anything for me. The courses seem good, the skills are good, but it too often seems that whoever takes the lead at the first corner just gets followed to the line. As is evident by downhill and giant slalom, there's a fraction of a second between each competitor, so as soon as you go behind on one corner, it's too much to make up.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've seen ski-cross at each Olympics, but it's never done anything for me. The courses seem good, the skills are good, but it too often seems that whoever takes the lead at the first corner just gets followed to the line. As is evident by downhill and giant slalom, there's a fraction of a second between each competitor, so as soon as you go behind on one corner, it's too much to make up.

Unless they absolutely stack it on a jump.....

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Never been skiing, hate the cold but i do love watching the winter olympics. Korea as a venue is great but not as good a Osaka in '98 which was beautiful to watch.
Does your username reflect how you feel (and look) on a British summer's day then? :)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's a cracking start for GB...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/winter-olympics/42993893

British snowboarder Katie Ormerod is out of the Winter Olympics in Korea after suffering a severely fractured right heel in training on Thursday.

The 20-year-old medal hopeful suffered a minor wrist fracture in practice on Wednesday but was still intending to compete in Sunday's slopestyle.

But the British Olympic Association (BOA) has confirmed she will have "emergency surgery" on Friday.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Shamefully stolen from the BBC Al times in GMT

Friday, 9 February - day zero
Medal events: none

10:30-14:00: Opening ceremony - Live on BBC One, BBC Red Button and online

This is the day the Winter Olympics officially begin, but Team GB appearances will be limited to the opening ceremony.

One of the most significant moments of the ceremony is likely to be when the teams from South Korea and North Korea march together behind a "unified Korea" flag - something they last did at Turin 2006.

This agreement was achieved following the first high-level talks between the two nations for two years.

02:45-03:30: With no GB athletes in the mixed curling or figure skating team event, the nearest thing to a British competitor will come in men's moguls qualification, where 24-year-old Ben Cavet is in action. Born in Kent, he moved to France when he was 10 and opted to compete for his adopted nation in 2012 after failing to secure UK Sport funding.

He was eighth at Sochi 2014, but has since gone on to become a World Championship silver medallist and will be seeking a podium finish when the event concludes on day three.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013

Oct 25, 2003
I love watching ice hockey (I used to be a Tigers fan, back in the day) curling, and bob sleigh. There's a female Jamaican team this year, Cool Runnings.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...o-carry-on-cool-runnings-legacy-idUSKBN1FT1JE

I’m gutted to have missed out on Ice Hockey in Brighton as I would have got really into it. Would love it to be resurrected in the future. It’s such a shame that we don’t have any indoor sports teams any more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
5E9CC714-F9F5-4AA5-BAEB-80A67D360373.jpeg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports