• Championship

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Dont care - BHAFC till I die

Votes: 49 29.9%

• Total voters

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Essentially, do I want us relegated? No. So Premier League.

We'd win more games in League One, but I have no desire to go back there either.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Premier League pls - one season is far too fleeting, I'd like at least a few to give a chance of more aways.

But option C is also true.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Actually not kidding Trig. I have read more than one who have said they would prefer to have more wins/more entertaining football/better away days and the point about more games for your season ticket is valid too I think, valid question I reckon
I'd prefer all those things too, and also enjoy the footy in the Championship, but the money is too big a deal to ignore. We can't sustain football in the Championship.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I'm not sure how you could have been at the West Ham game and want to return to the Championship.

We were fantastic, the atmosphere was great, and the standard of football all over the pitch was pretty impressive. We were up against one of the most prolific strikers of the PL era and numerous domestic title winners, and outplayed them. We saw four fantastic goals, and I for one, was thoroughly entertained.

I understand on paper the plusses of the Championship, (more games, more goals, easier to get away tickets) but in reality I cannot understand why you'd want to get off of the PL ride currently!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Been dreaming of seeing Brighton in the top flight since 1957 - and 1979 to 1983 just wetted my appetite - so now we're there I want to stay there. Onwards and upwards!

Exactly! And I'm pleased to see most people agree with you. The people who voted 'Championship' won't be truly happy until we're back in the third tier at Withdean (as playing at the ramshackle Goldstone is obviously not possible), and the whole Amex era can just be dismissed as a bad dream when the club got ideas above its station.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Be nice to do a few years in the Prem yet, get to some more aways, more chances of some big upsets.

Championship (brilliant league) will always be ready and waiting, when we next do drop.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I've voted PL because I want us to beat the other teams in the league that we are in.

Feb 6, 2018
Essentially, do I want us relegated? No. So Premier League.

We'd win more games in League One, but I have no desire to go back there either.

This!

Polls such as this always make me cringe. We've made the big time but it seems people are more interested in winning more games than seeing the best players in Europe each week.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
PL, but Brighton 'til I die...

D

Deleted member 2719

How many years would we be able to cope with negative football and hanging on, just to say we are in the Premier league???

forever???

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I enjoyed the Championship, especially some of the away grounds (Fulham and Brentford are my favourites), but people saying "we win more" - well if we win more (more than everyone else) we'll be back up here again.

At the end of the day, we need to stay in top tier, get a foothold and try and progress. Yes it's hard work and away grounds up here are soulless tourist attractions but "unfortunately" this is why we watch football! To compete with the best and hopefully come.off on top now and again.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Premier league all day long. Signing International football players for multi million pounds. Sellout crowds. More tv exposure. Match of the day.

I'm desperate to stay here another season and beyond.

answered Brighton till I die but of course premier league all day long... said in many threads we can only improve playing against Europe's best the players we have and the players we'll attract in the future... Yes it was great winning most games in championship but it's even better winning any games in the premier league

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'd prefer all those things too, and also enjoy the footy in the Championship, but the money is too big a deal to ignore. We can't sustain football in the Championship.

Absolutely. We all assume that TB will continue to put his hand in his pocket and pull out millions to subsidise the club in the Championship, and if after some years he gets fed up with that, we might not even have the choice of the two mentioned leagues.

Canfan

Nov 8, 2014
Beyond Hope
Premier league. As it is a long way from Vancouver to Brighton attending games isn't really an option so the fact that almost every game is shown on TV is a huge bonus for me.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I love hearing 'world class' or 'worldy' and Brighton in the same sentence with regards to Jose's goal. I also prefer the backs-to-the-wall and extremely valuable wins to the Championship where you need to basically be relentlessly winning every week to get promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here