Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] World's Hardest Creature XI - The Presentation

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Hippo.jpg

Good evening ladies and gentleman and welcome to our final NSC HD WHC XI show. I'm joined here in the studio by a jubilant hippo. It's been quite the tournament for the big lad. From the first knockout round he simply sailed through against the Salt Water Crocodile and never looked back. His closest match up was against the feisty Grasshopper Mouse and then... then the final when he simply dismantled the Honey Badger. In the end the defending champion simply had no answer to the Hippo's brute force and sheer bloody mindedness. He was definitely the stand out performer in this year's tournament and it would be a hard soul indeed that would deny him his place among the WHC greats.

So... Hippo. How are you feeling right now?

Over the moon Chris. Just delighted. I always believed I had the game to go all the way but it's another thing entirely to put it together through five matches. They're all great competitors. Nobody's there by accident.

Well, the Basset Hound might be.

Oooh, harsh! I know the Basset Hound and he's a lovely lad. I hope we'll meet up soon.

So you've a lot of time for the other creatures?

Oh yeah, yeah. Of course. You've got to have respect. We're all there for the same thing and the second you start thinking anybody's in some way less than you then you've let your guard down. You can't be a winner that way.

So what will you do now?

It literally hasn't sunk in yet. I'm sure it will start to make some sort of sense in the morning but now? I just don't know. A good night down at the river I hope. I'm looking forward to just getting back to the family. They've put up with a lot just for me to be here tonight and I owe them everything.

We'll be seeing you again in 2019?

Just try and stop me.

Any last thoughts for the Honey Badger?

Chin up HB. You were a great champ and pushed me really hard. The poor thing's hurting right now. Anybody that says he don't care doesn't know what they're on about. You don't get to beat up a Great White on a whim. I reckon he'll be back in training in days.

Hippo. Thanks so much for joining us this evening. All that remains now is the presentation. On behalf of all at WHC XI I'd like to present you this handsome trophy and prize money of a truckload of grass. Plain old green grass. Ladies and gentleman, I give you... the Hippo.

Thanks Chris. Thanks everybody.

Well that just about wraps up our WHC coverage for 2018. Thanks to everybody that joined us along the way. We'd like to apologise for those bumps in the road along the way. The poll free votes, the botched draw, Weekend Gate. We'll be back in 2019 so bad luck to all you curmudgeons. We'll be in touch to see if there's anything we can do to spice up WHC XII a little but goodbye for now and see you all next year.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
That Hippo's a bit boring. Give a Peter Beardsley drool and you have your full interview.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
jeez, just get this crap out of here.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
As the Hippo nominator, I would just like to say a few words about my friend Harry the Hippo. I first met him in South Africa in the 70's whilst bimbling around in the Kruger Park and the Drakensberg. I had stopped by a pool for a rest from driving and got out of the car ( you are advised not to do this ). I saw half a dozen hippos in the pool, one of which, turned out to be Harry, he lifted his head and snorted loudly and agresivly ruffled the water in the pool. I quickly got back in the car and drove swifly away, waving Harry goodbye. Later there were Elephants waving their ears and bellowing and some Afrikaners in a mountain Pub, but that's another story. On behalf of the Hippo WHC, thankyou.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
As the Hippo nominator, I would just like to say a few words about my friend Harry the Hippo. I first met him in South Africa in the 70's whilst bimbling around in the Kruger Park and the Drakensberg. I had stopped by a pool for a rest from driving and got out of the car ( you are advised not to do this ). I saw half a dozen hippos in the pool, one of which, turned out to be Harry, he lifted his head and snorted loudly and agresivly ruffled the water in the pool. I quickly got back in the car and drove swifly away, waving Harry goodbye. Later there were Elephants waving their ears and bellowing and some Afrikaners in a mountain Pub, but that's another story. On behalf of the Hippo WHC, thankyou.

I have a fond hippo memory too. Some years back my family were having a week in the Kruger reserve. On one night we were staying at the Lower Sabie rest camp. We'd had a long day driving and decided against going out and just fired up the braai instead. We were staying in a guest house, on an elevated section right at the edge of camp and it was almost a full moon that evening. As we ate we noted the sound of munching nearby. Probably about 15-20 yards away was a hippo feeding, lit up in the moonlight. It's one of my fondest, most beautiful memories to this day.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Listening to that hippo droning on about how pleased he was to win just shows how wrong results went this year. Can you imagine the Honey Badger giving an acceptance speech?

It would have just ripped Packham's head off and spat down his neck.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I'd like to echo most of this.

Great result, nice work!

It's an time consuming and mostly thankless task so thanks for taking it on.

I look forward to WHC XII.

You beat me to it! The quality of the text which Jim produced time and time again was top class. A thankless and above all, not easy task as anyone who has had to write anything will testify. Witty, amusing and informative at the same time. I don't know anyone who could have done a better job of MC'ing this. I've enjoyed his every post.
Without wishing to become too much of a bottom licker, a very big well done to jimhigham. :clap::clap::clap:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here