Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tottenham v Newport County

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
From BBC:

"For Newport, defender Ben White has passed a late fitness test to make the starting line up. That means the same XI which earned the replay have been given the right to complete the job at Wembley (maybe)."

Just to put your mind at ease.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After 8 mins showing 0-0

Tottenham will make changes for their FA Cup fourth-round replay with League Two side Newport on Wednesday.

Lucas Moura is ineligible because he had not joined before their initial 1-1 draw, but Toby Alderweireld and Danny Rose could return from injuries.

Newport defender Ben White is out with a thigh strain.

County will not have Sean Rigg to choose from after he quit full-time football on Monday to pursue a career as a tattoo artist.

The winners will face Rochdale, who beat Millwall 1-0 in their replay, away in the fifth round on Sunday, 18 February (16:00 GMT kick-off).

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino says he is taking the game seriously, despite planning to name a weaker side with Saturday's Premier League game against Arsenal in mind.

"Of course we need to rotate, we need to use players that don't play too much," he said. "We are having a very busy period, and we need everyone fit and available to play.

"When you have a squad like we have, it will be very good for some players to show their quality, and it is a great opportunity for them to show that they can fight for a place in the Premier League starting XI.

"For me, it is the same whether tomorrow is Newport or another Premier League team. We take the competition very seriously. I think it is a game that we must win."

Newport manager Michael Flynn has apologised after a dossier was leaked in newspapers which exposed the areas of Spurs his side could exploit.

"Things have a habit of coming out and it happens in football. It's the way it is, nothing is private these days, but there was no malice in it," he said.

"I apologised on our behalf to Mauricio for it getting out. It was helpful in preparing for the first game against Spurs because we needed all the help we could get.

"We exchanged numbers before the game. He shook my hand and gave me his details, which shows the class of him."

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Christ in a BIKE. Does it really matter?

They thought he was injured, but it turned out he wasn't.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Spurs should be down to 10 men

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
All that idiot Hoddle keeps saying is about the huge pitch. It’s not you thick shite no bigger than the average size. Our is bigger

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wanyama after a few minutes?

Wasn’t a obviously goal scoring chance and two covering defenders...
No way would the one only have got back you blinkered fool

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Its ON a bike as you dont get in Bike:) Its not a big issue except that I like to see our young players out on loan pit their wits against good opposition.

Yes, I made a typo, well done.

He is playing though, as I pointed out in my first post. Why you felt the need to then post the article I have no idea.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here