Taken a while but something good to come out of her career

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Taken a while but something good to come out of her career

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I don't get this. She has done well. Very savvy business Woman. I think she is ok. Anyway that is a side issue

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
She is out of her comfort zone so respect, she has a very valid point though

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think she spoke very well there.

She did. I think her love for Harvey is inpirational. She gets a bad rap but unfairly for me

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
She's right. Online activity needs to be governed by the same rules as the printed press.

People talk about 'free speech'. Defamation and humiliation of vulnerable (and in some cases not so vulnerable) people is not free speech. One should be protected by statute. The other outlawed on the basis of standards and values.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
She's right. Online activity needs to be governed by the same rules as the printed press.
People have been charged and prosecuted for being racist online. I'm a bit surprised that those against Harvey aren't deemed to have been racist or anti-disability etc, so that they can be prosecuted.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
People have been charged and prosecuted for being racist online. I'm a bit surprised that those against Harvey aren't deemed to have been racist or anti-disability etc, so that they can be prosecuted.

I thought what she described may have come under malicious communication but I can see where a scuzzy lawyer could get someone off.

It's tough to legislate as there is no line in the sand.

If I call you a ****wit you'd just call me something equally derisive back. But such abuse on a regular basis could be damaging to vulnerable or bullied people.

It's a tough one. But present law is inadequate. Ultimately the shame is needing such laws in the first place.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
She isnt as dumb as (some) people think. It would break my heart if I was in the public eye and trolls were mocking my children on the internet. I wouldnt be responsible for my actions. Well done Katie and well spoken for a dumbo

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I've always been fairly ambivalent about her, have developed some sort of sneaking respect for her, but admire what she's done here. Fair play!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I agree with what she is saying. I do think however that she had brought Harvey into the media world in the early stages a little unwisely. If she didn't put her personal life into media hands he would be less exposed to this. I accept though that that isn't his fault and therefore I am not justifying the bad behaviour, just wondering whether she regrets this.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Ive met Katie quite a bit recently since my other half does some stuff for her regularly. As youd expect she is a world away from her tv persona and to my surprise was really done to earth. I know how much she worries about Harvey and this is a worthwhile cause.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
The abuse Harvey has faced is appalling and Katie is right to speak out. I cannot comprehend why anyone would subject a child to such vile online abuse, and anyone doing so must be inadequate themselves in some way.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here