Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] league table looking scary - we still have to play 7 of of top 8!

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
If you could guarantee me that we would win those four matches and not earn another point this season I'd bite your hand off without a moment's hesitation.

You would bit his hand off? How will you track him down to do that and even if you do track him down isnt it a bit extreme?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Man Utd, Liverpool, Spuds come up against us in the last 4 games, they all have players going to the World cup that will want to avoid injury, the teams will probably have no chance of the title, will be safely in their European spots and just have much less to play for than us. I reckon there are some points in those 3 games for us.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
TBH, I can see us getting points in the home games against top 8 teams, especially if we play like we did against West Ham.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
IGNORE

All of them. Assume zero points from them

Look at the other matches. That's where the survival points will come from

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm relishing the challenge and feeling a lot better after signing Locadia, Ulloa and beating Boro and West Ham. Bring it on!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think 36 points will be enough to stay up this season as the other 9 teams also have to play each other. Some of the top teams have stumbled when away from home like Man Utd, so maybe we can nick an odd point or two.

What's the point in being scared?

It's getting exciting. I will desperately disappointed if we don't get 36 pts. But I don't think that will be enough?

36 pts if we get a 1-1 draw at Stoke or Burnley. Better to get the points against Stoke.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
A game at a time and see what happens to the teams below us, if they play as they have done so far this season then who knows.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Man Utd, Liverpool, Spuds come up against us in the last 4 games, they all have players going to the World cup that will want to avoid injury, the teams will probably have no chance of the title, will be safely in their European spots and just have much less to play for than us. I reckon there are some points in those 3 games for us.

....You might have to put Man City in that mix as well.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Burnley are running out of fuel now after a good start and play a similar style to us, Leicester are a good side and the type we do struggle against but they are inconsistent. Arsenal are defensively suspect as has been shown by teams with a bit of bite up front, Tottenham looked very ordinary against us and only really won because of a fluke driving them on. There is hope

Wow. Now there is optimism.
Burnley were still good enough to take a point off the best team in the league last weekend. Leicester do blow hot and cold but on their day are much better than us. Let me think about our history v Arsenal.....lets not! Tottenham didn't have to break sweat against us, when we had ten behind the ball and on the counter attack at the Amex could take us apart.
Its the hope that kills you........

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We just took apart a West Ham side who have in recent weeks been beating their relegation rivals quite convincingly. We shouldn't fear any of our opponents and with a bit of luck could finish in the top ten.

As mentioned many of our rivals still have to play a lot of games against the 'top six' and we have a very tricky end to the season against teams who may have nothing to play for. In 25 years of Premier league history I've seen much worse sides make a late surge and escape from significantly poorer positions than we currently hold.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We didn’t get zero points from Burnley - we drew (and ought to have won).

I do hope that statement doesn't end up the post mortem for our season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here