Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] league table looking scary - we still have to play 7 of of top 8!

So whilst the fantastic win and the way we achieved it against West Ham gave us hope, i have calculated that we still have to play 7 of the top 8 yet (except chelsea) and in the first half of the season took ZERO points from any of them. This means even IF we can win our other games (not really likely) against Stoke, Swansea, Huddersfield and Palace that would leave us precariously on 39 points. Just where are the other points coming from?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We’ll take surprise 4 points from the top 8 and won’t win all the others whatsoever. Hope that helps.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
So whilst the fantastic win and the way we achieved it against West Ham gave us hope, i have calculated that we still have to play 7 of the top 8 yet (except chelsea) and in the first half of the season took ZERO points from any of them. This means even IF we can win our other games (not really likely) against Stoke, Swansea, Huddersfield and Palace that would leave us precariously on 39 points. Just where are the other points coming from?

a) We'd be safe with 39 points
b) Our rivals have to play top teams too
c) Your username is dated

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Burnley are running out of fuel now after a good start and play a similar style to us, Leicester are a good side and the type we do struggle against but they are inconsistent. Arsenal are defensively suspect as has been shown by teams with a bit of bite up front, Tottenham looked very ordinary against us and only really won because of a fluke driving them on. There is hope

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Don't look at the table you won't be scared...problem solved

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

If you could guarantee me that we would win those four matches and not earn another point this season I'd bite your hand off without a moment's hesitation.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I think 36 points will be enough to stay up this season as the other 9 teams also have to play each other. Some of the top teams have stumbled when away from home like Man Utd, so maybe we can nick an odd point or two.

What's the point in being scared?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton

Had not realised how difficult the remaining games are, perhaps we should go for three points at home and one point away,if we fail then with this seasons experience
we would be quite capable of gaining promotion next season

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
All the teams have played each other and we are currently in a safe spot having strengthened in the window. Hopefully with a bit more premier league experience and quality we will give those 8 teams a better game than we did first time around

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
All the teams have played each other and we are currently in a safe spot having strengthened in the window. Hopefully with a bit more premier league experience and quality we will give those 8 teams a better game than we did first time around

Its all a matter of confidence...some of the so-called top six are dropping points to mere mortals who have the confidence to take them on so its by no means totally out of the question for us to get the occasional result against them

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No point in worrying about anything beyond the Stoke and Swansea games for now.

We need 4 points from those 2 games - it's as simple as that - and everything else is just froth for now.

:albion2:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Apart from being a bit BEDWETTY, your statement isn’t even true. Burnley are in the top 8. We didn’t get zero points from Burnley - we drew (and ought to have won).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

39 pts will see us safe but that is assuming we will win the games you refer to. You also need to look at the other relegation candidates to see who they have to play. If you look at the big six, we have 5 to play, Bournemouth have 3, Stoke 4, WBA 4, Swansea 3, West Ham 5, Watford 5, Soton 4, Palace 4, Huddersfield 4 and Newcastle 5.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think 36 points will be enough to stay up this season as the other 9 teams also have to play each other. Some of the top teams have stumbled when away from home like Man Utd, so maybe we can nick an odd point or two.

What's the point in being scared?

I've been 36 points for sometime, but I think that needs revising up with the up turn in form of some sides, and all but one team on less than 24 with 12 to play. 1 ppg will see those teams finish on 36 which equates to 3 wins, 3 draws, can see Swansea, Huddersfield, and Stoke achieving that, and perhaps Newcastle putting them on 37 – they can still lose half their fixtures. Lot still to happen, but I'm revising my target up to 38 at least...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No point in worrying about anything beyond the Stoke and Swansea games for now.

We need 4 points from those 2 games - it's as simple as that - and everything else is just froth for now.

:albion2:
Pedant alert:

No point in worrying about anything beyond the Stoke game for now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here