Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Driving to Stoke

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I noticed that one of the weekends the M23 northbound was shut was cancelled due to bad weather. Anyone know if that weekend has been moved to this one when it was supposed to be finished??

Cheers

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
No signs on M23 this week so safe to assume no issues this weekend. My 4th trip to Britannia Stadium this week spanning a number of years. Talk about sucker for punishment!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s a shit hole. Don’t bother.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Never mind the M23, it is the M6 you have to worry about, in my opinion second only to the M25 for the worst motorway experience in the UK.

My preference is going all the way up to Derby on the M1 and then getting to Stoke via the A50.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
They did not seem to be doing much too it when I went past it on the way down last week went back via the A24 which added 20 mins to the journey (partially because I had to go slower having no idea where I was going and following google and my in car sat nav at the same time) but the distance was almost exactly the same.

They have to give so much notice of a planned closure so I think the one in March is the replacement for the cancelled one.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
The Chelsea weekend it should have been shut but wasn't - expected cold weather. Last Saturday after West Ham, it was and the detour is right through to Falgate and north to M25J6 - took ages. I'm hoping its open after the cup tie.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Chelsea weekend it should have been shut but wasn't - expected cold weather. Last Saturday after West Ham, it was and the detour is right through to Falgate and north to M25J6 - took ages. I'm hoping its open after the cup tie.

No need to do that, just jump,off at Pease Pottage, go through Manor Royal and rejoin the M23 at the Gatwick spur. Adds about 10mins unless traffic is bad.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Cheers all, so stupid of me to think the January weekend missed would be added to the end instead of a month an a half later at the end of March :lolol:

ValeSLF

Feb 9, 2018
Never mind the M23, it is the M6 you have to worry about, in my opinion second only to the M25 for the worst motorway experience in the UK.

My preference is going all the way up to Derby on the M1 and then getting to Stoke via the A50.

I'm a Port Vale fan and will be rooting for you guys tomorrow against the lardies (as we call them at Vale). I would definitely go with the M1 and A50. The A50 is a good road and goes straight to the Shitannia Stadium.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm a Port Vale fan and will be rooting for you guys tomorrow against the lardies (as we call them at Vale). I would definitely go with the M1 and A50. The A50 is a good road and goes straight to the Shitannia Stadium.

Haven’t they installed the new super speed cameras on the M1 ? Will add LOADS to my journey time [emoji23][emoji23]

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
People may experience:

Muscular: difficulty walking, paralysis with weak muscles, problems with coordination, stiff muscles, overactive reflexes, or paralysis of one side of the body
Whole body: balance disorder, fatigue, lightheadedness, or vertigo
Visual: blurred vision, double vision, sudden visual loss, or temporary loss of vision in one eye
Speech: difficulty speaking, slurred speech, or speech loss
Sensory: pins and needles or reduced sensation of touch
Facial: muscle weakness or numbness
Limbs: numbness or weakness
Also common: difficulty swallowing, headache, inability to understand, mental confusion, or rapid involuntary eye movement

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
People may experience:

Muscular: difficulty walking, paralysis with weak muscles, problems with coordination, stiff muscles, overactive reflexes, or paralysis of one side of the body
Whole body: balance disorder, fatigue, lightheadedness, or vertigo
Visual: blurred vision, double vision, sudden visual loss, or temporary loss of vision in one eye
Speech: difficulty speaking, slurred speech, or speech loss
Sensory: pins and needles or reduced sensation of touch
Facial: muscle weakness or numbness
Limbs: numbness or weakness
Also common: difficulty swallowing, headache, inability to understand, mental confusion, or rapid involuntary eye movement

In Stoke ?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Yes the A50 is dual all the way from Derby to Stoke. Almost always use it when going Oop North.

The point Vale SLF made about it going straight to the Ground was something I forgot to mention. :blush:

Shitannia Stadium... :clap:

EDIT: Give yourself a good 4-5 hours if you are driving up, a 9AM start should be OK, wouldn't risk much past 10AM

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here