Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Friendly Woy...

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I think the FA should look at taking action here now this has come to light. You can’t have vile people like this in the game when there’s standards to live up to of other managers such as the most dignified manager in world football, Chris Hughton.

Dignified?? Have you not seen his disgraceful behaviour almost every time we score???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Croydon born and a boyhood Palace fan.

Who did he support before you made it to the premier league though?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Also great is that Roy clearly can't be arsed with the small talk about the Wigan result before the interview even starts. Rictus grin and bored sounding comments to humour the bloke.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Hearing Roy say **** shocks me as much as it would hearing the Queen say it :ohmy:

I imagine he's said it a lot more since taking over at Palace. Mind you, so would Her Glorious Maj if she ended up that desperate for a job ...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Both as bad as each other in this interview however Nigel Pearson was a complete bell end with the local press during his second spell at the club and was the cause of them turning against him. He also completely lost the plot multiple times that season

Pat Murphy sounded horribly patronising and that really isn't the job of a BBC reporter, or any other, whatever he may privately be thinking. There are other, subtler ways of getting things out of managers - which is what the aim should be. 'Is the lecture over?' was about right.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Who did he support before you made it to the premier league though?

I believe he’s been a support from division 3 south days.
Who was your team before The Amex ?

D

Deleted member 2719

Old school Roy, love it to much pussy footing around nowadays in case you upset a hard done by group of people.

At least you know where you stand with him.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Croydon born and a boyhood Palace fan.

I was surprised when he became your manager. I thought it was sentimentality getting the better of him because it looked like he was on a hiding to nothing trying to rescue Palace at that point. Fair play, he's proven how good a manager he is by managing to knock your circus of a club into something resembling a football team. Maybe he felt he had something to prove after his reputation took a bit of a hammering with the England job.

I'm at a loss to know what it is that Dougie Freedman does for your club when you've got Hodgson as manager. I can't see how Freedman brings any extra value to the club when you compare him with Hodgson. I also don't see Hodgson as the type of manager who needs extra input from a journeyman Scotch miserablist nor would welcome it either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here